Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

Maybe ROR got confused in the first couple games with Scandella on the roster he had Sabres flashbacks and momentarily lost his love of hockey again. and then he woke up....

You know, a lot of people talk about winning cultures, band of brothers, team as a family and so forth but (and hate them all you want to) watching those Bruins and the way they pull together and rise up as a team, the energy and emotion, the 2nd, 3RD and 4th efforts, it is an enviable culture. Probably the best in the league. 

I imagine Eichel sits in front of his TV thinking why oh why can't I be on THAT team?

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:52 PM, darksabre said:

The Blues won a Cup and then turned back into a pumpkin 

Not so fast!

This series is over. The Canucks had to win in 5 games or less. The Blues will grind them into dust now.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

With ROR on the ice 5v5, the Blues are outshooting the Canucks 55-11 and out-chancing them 16-3. ROR has turned the Pettersson line into an imitation of the tank Sabres 

It keeps getting worse so I don’t wanna talk about it anymore.

It’s admittedly a bit of an added sting and irony that ROR is at his clear, dominant best when the games matter most.

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

correlating them, but really the goal differential clearly means nothing. 

I win 4 games 1-0 and lose one 5-0, I win the series but have a  -ve differential, so meaningless. 

If memory serves, the Sabres have the NHL record for worst goal differential in a series they won.  In 1975, they were outscored 29-21 by Montreal while winning the series in 6 games: 6-5 (OT), 4-2, 0-7, 2-8, 5-4 (OT), 4-3.

Games 3 and 4 were as lopsided as the score.  The Sabres had not lost to the Habs all year and did not realise that the Canadiens might not fold up and die.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Zamboni said:

This x 1000

F the Bruins right to H E double hockey sticks! ?

Ok, I'll trade you the Bruins for the Sabres any day of the week. You don't like them? I would love to have them. Their everything I wish we were.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.