Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

13 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So why did the caps get rid of Trotz, man the isles are owning the caps. 

I've been really impressed with the Islanders these playoffs. They remind me of the Vegas Golden Knights in their first season when they just steamrolled through everybody playing a physical and heavy game and grinding down their opponents and then finishing teams off by their constant speed.

9 hours ago, WildCard said:

They wouldn't pay him

Money was an issue but the bigger issue was the length of the contract. Trotz wanted a five year extension while the organization believed that the lifespan of a coach for a team was shorter. The organization wasn't willing to budge on the length of the contract issue. So he quit and was immediately signed by the Islanders. What can't be denied is that the Lou Lamoriella and Trotz have done a terrific job for the Islanders. 

16 hours ago, Gabrielor said:

Every time the Knights are trapping Chicago in the zone, I look around, and of course it's 92, 12, 17 lol.

Nylander hasn't developed much from 2016.

IMPO, I think he lacks the on ice drive to really implement his game. Would much rather have Jokiharju than Nylander right now. 

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Seems like blackhawk fans are aligned.

That was Botterill's finest hour, not only removing Nylander, but acquiring Joker.

Alex was a hoot to iso cam last night. Looked like an OHL player out there. That old-man-twirl clip was apt. Someone on HFBoards called Alex Marcel Hossa to Will's Marian in 2017, and that turned out to be right on the money.

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It’s so easy to hate Nylander’s game.

He is the epitome of the entitled soft Euro stereotype.

I hope GMKA (yuck) has an eye for that.  Not just the Euro version but the North American as well.  Imagine if we drafted good players with Alex & Mitts picks.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, inkman said:

I hope GMKA (yuck) has an eye for that.  Not just the Euro version but the North American as well.  Imagine if we drafted good players with Alex & Mitts picks.  

If i understand it right, Krueger will have a lot of saying going forward with roster building, and i'd suspect he will go heavy-Euro.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.