Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

51 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

3 missed calls on the bruins, 2 being blatant high sticks, meanwhile Boston scores on a 4 minute high stick call. 

Pure trash

Bruins definitely had help from the refs this game. Not to mention the non-goal call. They must feel bad for Boston since Tuuka quit on them.

24 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Bruins definitely had help from the refs this game. Not to mention the non-goal call. They must feel bad for Boston since Tuuka quit on them.

Disagree. One high stick call missed but otherwise even off calls both ways. Opening penalty on Marchand for example was definitely not a good call. Bruins totally outplayed Canes after the first and aside from Halak's one gaff that was a perfect playoff game for them. 

I don't think Rask made a "dick move" but it was clear his head wasn't in it. His play and concentration was off since the start and they might actually be better off (given that) without him. Looks like a back and forth series. Less physicality than I would have expected but tough defensive hockey which is the Bruins way like it or not. 

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Jack Edwards epitomizes everything hateable about the Bruins.

It was 100% interference on that play, I get that scrums happen in front but Chara has consistently gotten away with more in this league than almost anyone I remember. Maybe Jagr back in the day. 

17 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was 100% interference on that play, I get that scrums happen in front but Chara has consistently gotten away with more in this league than almost anyone I remember. Maybe Jagr back in the day. 

Pronger and Samuelsson come to mind.

Still an awful thing to say someone deserved to get injured. 

That guy needs to be put to pasture. 

If anyone ever deserved to get injured, it was Lucic for running Miller, but I’d never actually say it or actually want it. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

Interesting to read the TV ratings for these playoffs...Las Vegas — whose team was playing relatively meaningless round-robin games — tied Pittsburgh as the market with the highest rating (1.4), ahead of traditional hockey hotbeds like Philadelphia (1.1), St. Louis (0.85), Boston (0.65) and Chicago (0.64).

Meanwhile, Buffalo was  at 1.1 (tied for third in the country)! Imagine what the ratings would be if our team ever actually made the playoffs! Of note while Canada's Sportsnet felt sorry for us fans, they also praised the team's new jerseys, going so far as to say that the team "knocked it out of the park" with the new jerseys!

Did we all see the non-call on TB's Hedman that resembled what Jones got a penalty for a whole lot? refereeing has sure been sketchy at best thus far.

Read all about some pretty interesting things here:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/frederik-andersen-toronto-maple-leafs-contract-trade-quick-shifts/?fbclid=IwAR17WhuVHKRA94uN5W6T7VRvtbgQm2Wug2Bv9KNEfXYDVefK984sY3CR4J4

He had the kid in April. Why didn't he opt out before it started back up?

I don't think the Bruins owners will look too kindly on this.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, steveoath said:

Disagree. He's 100% correct.  Hockey is not important in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps there are issues with his child/partner that he does not wish to disclose at this time.  Family over everything. 

He had the kid in April. Why didn't he opt out before it started back up?

I don't think the Bruins owners will look too kindly on this.

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

Interesting to read the TV ratings for these playoffs...Las Vegas — whose team was playing relatively meaningless round-robin games — tied Pittsburgh as the market with the highest rating (1.4), ahead of traditional hockey hotbeds like Philadelphia (1.1), St. Louis (0.85), Boston (0.65) and Chicago (0.64).

Meanwhile, Buffalo was  at 1.1 (tied for third in the country)! Imagine what the ratings would be if our team ever actually made the playoffs! Of note while Canada's Sportsnet felt sorry for us fans, they also praised the team's new jerseys, going so far as to say that the team "knocked it out of the park" with the new jerseys!

Did we all see the non-call on TB's Hedman that resembled what Jones got a penalty for a whole lot? refereeing has sure been sketchy at best thus far.

Read all about some pretty interesting things here:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/frederik-andersen-toronto-maple-leafs-contract-trade-quick-shifts/?fbclid=IwAR17WhuVHKRA94uN5W6T7VRvtbgQm2Wug2Bv9KNEfXYDVefK984sY3CR4J4

Anyone who doesn't know that Tampa is a MFT doesn't watch hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.