Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Sabres need some goaltending stability and the big move, and then they will be next year's Canucks.But a little better 

I know you are not Monahan's biggest fan but say for example they make that move for something like 8 overall, Mittelstadt, Montour + + or whatever, and we can keep Reinhart:

Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson

Gaudreau - Monahan - Reinhart 

..That's the top 6 of a good team. Pretty good mix of youth too. 

Edited by Thorny

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

In a normal year with 20k fans cheering them on, there is no way the Blues go down 2-0 at home to the Canucks.  ZERO chance. 

Last two Cup winners, used to feeding on big crowds for their long runs, down 0-2. 

55 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I know you are not Monahan's biggest fan but say for example they make that move for something like 8 overall, Mittelstadt, Montour + + or whatever, and we can keep Reinhart:

I'd take that trade in a heartbeat, just don't know if Calgary would feel the same

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

That team would go to the ECF

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

I'd take that trade in a heartbeat, just don't know if Calgary would feel the same

Oh me too. It wouldn't be enough though. Reinhart, 8, Montour was one of the big suggestions, which seems more in line. 

Day-dreaming about finding a way to keep Reinhart because, ya, we'd be good. 

I'd pay a lot to make it happen, if we could keep Sam. 8 overall, conditional 1st next season (becomes a second if we are bottom 10), Mittelstadt, Montour.

If you were able to re-up Larsson and keep the LOG line together I think we're laughing:

Johansson - Cozens - Kahun

Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo

...hey those are forwards! 

Dahlin - Jokiharju

McCabe - Ristolainen

LHD FA - Miller

G Trade/FA

Ullmark

Edited by Thorny
Of course, to make a move for two players that good and it not cost us Reinhart would probably be a pipe dream

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

I'd pay a lot to make it happen, if we could keep Sam. 8 overall, conditional 1st next season (becomes a second if we are bottom 10), Mittelstadt, Montour.

If you were able to re-up Larsson and keep the LOG line together I think we're laughing:

Johansson - Cozens - Kahun

Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo

...hey those are forwards! 

Dahlin - Jokiharju

McCabe - Ristolainen

LHD FA - Miller

G Trade/FA

Ullmark

I traveled this path earlier, you’ll have a big salary cap issue making this work. That’s why Reinhart has to be in the picture.

Edited by Gabrielor
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

The Bruins have a game at noon and Tuukka Rask just opted out ? 

Obviously good for him on making the tough call since he has a new baby at home. But man...

Kind of a dick move if you ask me.

He didn't have the baby when play resumed?

Bruins' owners are not going to like this.

14 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Kind of a dick move if you ask me.

Disagree. He's 100% correct.  Hockey is not important in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps there are issues with his child/partner that he does not wish to disclose at this time.  Family over everything. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sabres legend Jaroslav Halak to start.

7 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Disagree. He's 100% correct.  Hockey is not important in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps there are issues with his child/partner that he does not wish to disclose at this time.  Family over everything. 

Maybe?  But after his last post-game press conference, it seems that the problem might be internal.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The Bruins have a game at noon and Tuukka Rask just opted out ? 

Obviously good for him on making the tough call since he has a new baby at home. But man...

If they were doing the MLB method opting out could be odd, but I'm surprised more players didnt opt out given the bubble and its rules, especially if your team is good and might stick around a while. No way you could pull me away from a newborn for months on end for anything 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If they were doing the MLB method opting out could be odd, but I'm surprised more players didnt opt out given the bubble and its rules, especially if your team is good and might stick around a while. No way you could pull me away from a newborn for months on end for anything 

Actually, it might have been nice for the NHL to allow spouses and children to live in the bubble.  Hindsight, though...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is exactly it. The bubble is not going to be something all players can cope with mentally and emotionally. He gave it a shot but ultimately decided it wasn't going to work for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This is exactly it. The bubble is not going to be something all players can cope with mentally and emotionally. He gave it a shot but ultimately decided it wasn't going to work for him. 

Yep. Totally understand and support this from human side.

And my ***** Sabres fanboy side loves what it could do to the Bruins, on and off the ice.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.