Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

10 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

F*%k Tom Wilson.  Bravo to Anders Lee for standing his ground against a heavyweight.  

If the Islanders really wanted to send a message to Wilson, then three of their biggest guys should have jumped him at the same time, two holding him down, while the third popped him a few times. You really want to send a message, you need to actual hurt Wilson, the way Wilson hurts other people. If fighting and intimidation are part of the game, embrace it.

Lee didn’t send any kind of message except that he’s OK being Wilson’s punching bag. I’m so sick of this elementary school playground hockey code hypocritical bs. 

Edited by dudacek

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

Long time Flyers hater but this version is compelling.  Flyers-Lightning could be an interesting and fun conference final.

Can't stand the Habs. In fact I think I actively root against all Canadian teams aside from Vancouver for whatever reason. The "Canada's team" jargon whenever it's down to one remaining every year grinds my gears. 

I used to dislike Philly but one of my best friends became a hockey fan several years ago and picked the Flyers for their team so I've taken a bit of an interest in them through supporting that journey. 

Compelling is right. I have them coming out of the East. Very deep. We are witnessing what happens when one of those teams that never seemed to have that foundational goalie, a "goalie purgatory" team ala @darksabre, gets just that piece.  

I really wonder,... how many more coaches I’ll have to see in my lifetime,... coaching in the playoffs,... that I wanted for the Sabres,... that I was told would never work for the Sabres,.. they were a dinosaur,.. the game has past them by,.. they are a retread,.....

This ***** sucks.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

Can't stand the Habs. In fact I think I actively root against all Canadian teams aside from Vancouver for whatever reason. The "Canada's team" jargon whenever it's down to one remaining every year grinds my gears. 

I used to dislike Philly but one of my best friends became a hockey fan several years ago and picked the Flyers for their team so I've taken a bit of an interest in them through supporting that journey. 

Compelling is right. I have them coming out of the East. Very deep. We are witnessing what happens when one of those teams that never seemed to have that foundational goalie, a "goalie purgatory" team ala @darksabre, gets just that piece.  

Yeah, I’m not in the camp of cheering for the Canadian teams. I don’t mind the Canucks beating the Blues, I am not a fan of “dynasties”, unless the Sabres would grow into one.

My favourite player still competing is MacKinnon so the Avs have my support. Hedman and the Bolts in the East.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, nucci said:

So, it looks like other teams can find good goalies....

Are you suggesting Jason Botterill was less than an outstanding GM?

I watched a little of the Philly game last night.  Even saw a scrap break out.

I can't get past this being the wrong time of year, the empty buildings, and the boring product on the ice.

This is going to be the forgotten season for me, where I look back to 2020 in the future and wonder why I have no memory of playoff hockey or who the Cup winner was.

It definitely feels like an asterisk should go next to whoever wins this thing.

This isn't quite 100% playoff hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.