Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

10 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

You nailed it.  The 3 most hated teams for me, with Philly #1.  

Curious, why Filly more than Bastan?

I grew up having to watch the Bruins crush the Sabres seemingly every playoff season in the late 80s early 90s, until the day Brad May made Ray Bourque look like a traffic cone. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Curious, why Filly more than Bastan?

I grew up having to watch the Bruins crush the Sabres seemingly every playoff season in the late 80s early 90s, until the day Brad May made Ray Bourque look like a traffic cone. 

In 1975 the Flyers beat us in the finals.  I was a kid when the 1974-75 Broad Street Bullies were the embarrassment of the entire sports world (and that includes the East German she/male steroid experiments that netted an incredibly disproportionate number of gold medals for East German "women" in multiple "amateur" Olympics back in that era).  Don't even get me started on the actual city of Philadelphia and the animals that live there.  We don't need to build any walls down south.  We need to build a wall around Philly!  

Google "move movement philly", or Frank Rizzo.

Here are some "highlights" from the Eagles --> https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-fans-are-the-absolute-worst-and-here-are-9-times-they-proved-it/

The current Eagles stadium (and the one before it) actually requires/d an on-site jail and a magistrate to be present for all games due to the constant level of insanity.  They make Raiders fans look like nuns.

Philly's nickname of "The city of brotherly love" is way more egregious than North Korea's "official" name of "The Democratic People's Republic of Korea".

Thanks for asking!  I always feel better after getting to rant about Philly!

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'd sub in the Senators for the Leaves.  The Leaves are and have been irrelevant since I was born.

Very true.  My main reason for having the Leafs as my hated #2 is the Toronto media.  I was born in Toronto and still have lots of family there, and they are all totally ***** beyond hope in terms of objectively assessing the Leafs' chances in any given year.  Every year is "The" year for them because the media says so.

22 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Laffs now one step closer to that top pick. 

Lafreniere will be picked by a team that cannot build around him (no team can build around him; he isn't quite that good).  My guess is the Jets.

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Lafreniere will be picked by a team that cannot build around him (no team can build around him; he isn't quite that good).  My guess is the Jets.

Jets don't deserve to win a second drawing (Laine), from where they've been in the standings.

It would be funny though if they got first overall the year consensus 1 is a winger when they are stacked at W and weak at C. 

4 hours ago, BagBoy said:

In 1975 the Flyers beat us in the finals.  I was a kid when the 1974-75 Broad Street Bullies were the embarrassment of the entire sports world

We hated them for sure, but it's wrong to say they were the embarassment of the sports world. A lot of people loved that spectacle at the time and they made Slap Shot the movie (not about the Flyers I know, but similar subject matter) and everybody was talking about it. It was prime entertainment in it's era for many people, not just Philly. Things were different then.

these Flyers are a different thing entirely. Like the Canes, another team that has drafted really well and rebuilt much much better than we have. Hextall drafted really well. 

If we're lucky enough to draft Laf, I can see Ehlers or possibly Laine being moved in a deal for a 2C. 

Some people think Laf can play C but I don't know much about him.

Also, 1OA could be moved for Ottawa's 3rd ++.

I'd take 3rd and 5th from OTT for Laf but I expect us to draft somewhere around 10th.

These points shouldn't be counted as either regular season (7 teams not playing) or playoffs (round robin teams not playing as many games).

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

If we're lucky enough to draft Laf, I can see Ehlers or possibly Laine being moved in a deal for a 2C. 

Some people think Laf can play C but I don't know much about him.

Also, 1OA could be moved for Ottawa's 3rd ++.

I'd take 3rd and 5th from OTT for Laf but I expect us to draft somewhere around 10th.

These points shouldn't be counted as either regular season (7 teams not playing) or playoffs (round robin teams not playing as many games).

I could deal with Winnipeg getting top pick... but not the Laffs

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.