Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Lol 

The Jets have won the same amount of lottery drawings as Buffalo since they returned. 

The rest of your post is just annoying garbage 

???

I think you mean the 2nd where we picked Laine? We didn't win, we got 2nd.

Which lottery did the Sabres win?

They tanked and finished last and lost the lottery and dropped down to 2nd and missed McDavid. Or are you talking about drafting Dahlin? 

15 minutes ago, Ducky said:

???

I think you mean the 2nd where we picked Laine? We didn't win, we got 2nd.

Which lottery did the Sabres win?

They tanked and finished last and lost the lottery and dropped down to 2nd and missed McDavid. Or are you talking about drafting Dahlin? 

The Jets won a drawing for the second overall pick 

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

No, all the losers get entered into an equally weighted draw. Therefore, an undeserving team can/will get it ala Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, etc.

The *worst* team that can win it is Montreal, 24th ranked. It was a mess as soon as the draw allowed for a non-bottom 7 team to win.

And the East’s 6th seeded Rangers are now down 2-0 in their series.

Wait a minute. How did they come up with these seeds?  Rangers were 37-28-5 and are #6.  The Canes were 38-25-5 and they’re 11th?  Anyway you look at it, the Canes won one more game and lost 3 less games. So, Carolina had 81 pts to the Rangers 79 and they’re in the same division.  Can somebody ‘splain?

Edited by gilbert11

18 minutes ago, gilbert11 said:

And the East’s 6th seeded Rangers are now down 2-0 in their series.

Wait a minute. How did they come up with these seeds?  Rangers were 37-28-5 and are #6.  The Canes were 38-25-5 and they’re 11th?  Anyway you look at it, the Canes won one more game and lost 3 less games. So, Carolina had 81 pts to the Rangers 79 and they’re in the same division.  Can somebody ‘splain?

Never mind.  Why do I trust Yahoo for sports?  They have them all backwards.  Bozos.  

Sheary scores tonight, now Tyler Ennis. In years past I would see all our ex Sabres playing in the Playoffs while our players played Golf. And there'd be so many of them you could almost field a complete team of them, heck you probably could. But I used to wonder if that assembled team of ex Sabres were better than the team we currently have.

Hopefully I won't have to think about stuff like that & we'll be in the dance soon enough lol

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I guess I had really tuned out the Sabres and the NHL by the trade deadline.  I had no idea Lehner was traded to Vegas.  ?

You really tuned out. They didn’t trade him to Vegas. They let him walk two years ago.

53 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

Sheary scores tonight, now Tyler Ennis. In years past I would see all our ex Sabres playing in the Playoffs while our players played Golf. And there'd be so many of them you could almost field a complete team of them, heck you probably could. But I used to wonder if that assembled team of ex Sabres were better than the team we currently have.

Hopefully I won't have to think about stuff like that & we'll be in the dance soon enough lol

Don't forget Carrier's nifty goal, either.

• Like (+1) 1

So Carolina has a pretty good team with some amazingly talented youth. So let me get this straight, there's this guy named Dudley, with Buffalo connections who helped build that team, and he's available, and the Pegula's aren't hiring him cause they no longer trust hockey people to run a hockey team - that about right?

meanwhile, the team across the border who went all in on analytics was shut out by old style team defense on a disciplined team coached by another guy with Buffalo connections and our future is analytics......"the future's so bright I got to wear shades."

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So Carolina has a pretty good team with some amazingly talented youth. So let me get this straight, there's this guy named Dudley, with Buffalo connections who helped build that team, and he's available, and the Pegula's aren't hiring him cause they no longer trust hockey people to run a hockey team - that about right?

meanwhile, the team across the border who went all in on analytics was shut out by old style team defense on a disciplined team coached by another guy with Buffalo connections and our future is analytics......"the future's so bright I got to wear shades."

Except the Carolina team that you are touting is also one of the few most analytics reliant teams in the league, so you are cutting the legs out from under your own argument.

Edited by Curt
  • Haha (+1) 1

Read on twitter this morning:

“Dach is a more impactful player than Nylander, and there aren't enough good players on the Hawks to spread out the talent. Nylander on a line with Kane is like the coach's son being on a travel team although he has no business being there.”

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

And BOGO. He scored on his own net.

McNabb plays for Vegas. Zadorov and Compher for Colorado.There are several ex Sabres in the playoffs. Some have been mentioned before.

Some day...☹️

I was gonna say Bogo, he looked like by far the weakest link on TB yesterday.  And paired w/ Hedman I think.  Also Tyler Myers getting criticized in Vancouver, maybe healthy scratch.  Not all roses.  Overall it's great hockey is back and loving the all-day March madness action. These athletes are incredible, love watching them play.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, In The Buff said:

If you are looking for a team of 5'8" waifs, you'd have something.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.