Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

22 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Canes are incredible at creating offense with the puck. They started building toward this in 2015. 

Jason and Ralph talking about how important it is that our guys are so close was/is nice, but it takes a long time to get this good at hockey, and it still feels like we haven't started down a road that will develop into something like this on the ice yet given that we are still the worst chance-generation team in the league three years running

They do look good

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Canes are incredible at creating offense with the puck. They started building toward this in 2015. 

Jason and Ralph talking about how important it is that our guys are so close was/is nice, but it takes a long time to get this good at hockey, and it still feels like we haven't started down a road that will develop into something like this on the ice yet given that we are still the worst chance-generation team in the league three years running

The problem is actually far far worse: We don't have nearly enough good players on our roster or in our organization to even get on the road. 

And one thing about Carolina people don't understand: from 2015 on they were actually a good team that got murdered by off the charts horrible goaltending. Not fixing that is what caused Ronnie to lose his job despite having done a real good job at putting together the rest of the roster and prospect base.

Edited by sabremike

Anyone else having NHL.tv issues? Have any idea what's up with not being able to watch the Rangers/Canes game?

I had the regular season package. When i select the game i get the message that "my account is not entitled to view it" and that i can pay $4.99 for it, but when i attempt to pay they tell me i'm already subscribed. 

27 minutes ago, Eleven said:

How is Chicago doing this?

A nice mix of good veterans and good young players. Also Crawford was posting great numbers from when the calendar flipped until the shutdown. 

Kubalik with a goal and 3 apples so far. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Then they need to fix the sync issue.  Clearly his video feed is a couple seconds behind what we are seeing at home. 

He's always been a couple of seconds behind what we are seeing at home.  Usually because he's talking about how some player grew up with a part-time job at Kohl's or whatever.

"Here comes Jones, over the blue line.  Here's a kid who worked through midget hockey by delivering newspapers and had great grades in high scho....

AND THE FLYERS SCORE!"

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Can someone tell me how awful it is without fans? I’m dreading watch a lifeless hockey game 

My guy, you're a sabres fan. That is quite literally all we do. It's not new. Been that way for a decade.

3 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Can someone tell me how awful it is without fans? I’m dreading watch a lifeless hockey game 

I haven’t noticed a difference at all. Fans might give more life to regular season games at times, but it’s not impacting the play of these playoff teams on the ice, or my experience watching on TV. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I haven’t noticed a difference at all. Fans might give more life to regular season games at times, but it’s not impacting the play of these playoff teams on the ice, or my experience watching on TV. 

It feels like there is no home team, no oohs and aahs or screams at the officials.

I don’t mind it so far, pretty good intensity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.