Kotalik on the bubble...

LabattBlue

Per tonights Buffalo News, Kotalik is one of the players fighting for the last two forward spots. I'll go on record right now, If Kotalik is sent to Rochester instead of Pyatt or Connolly, it will be a huge joke!

Toss that Gaustad kid on the list to. If he is in the ROC then a crime has been committed by Regier and Ruff. With all the talk about Captains, in a few seasons well be talking about Vanek vs this kid for the 'C'.

Toss that Gaustad kid on the list to. If he is in the ROC then a crime has been committed by Regier and Ruff. With all the talk about Captains, in a few seasons well be talking about Vanek vs this kid for the 'C'.

I like what I have read about Gaustad and the little I've seen him play. Gaustad and Kotalik or Connolly and Pyatt? No brainer right???

I said KOTALIK has been a mystery man for awhile now. He has a deadly wrist shot and I would love to see him step in there and score consistent points. But not being able to watch any games thus far, its tough to make a decision.

GOOSE should be given a spot hands down. We need his size and meaness. Sounds like he's making plays too.

I'm gonna have to say PYATT out.

CONNOLLY?? Who the hell knows if this kid is EVER gonna play and play well?

Wow,

I hadn't thought about it, probably because I thought with the salary cap that the team could keep as many up on the big squad as they wanted, but with only being able to keep 23, if they keep all three goalies (at least until one is traded); then if they keep 8 defensemen they have to send at least 2 of Gaustad, Connolly, Pyatt, and Roy to the Amerks; if they keep 7, they have to send 1. I don't see Kotalik on the Rochester list, but he has been in Ruff's doghouse and it is hard to get out of it once there. (Just ask Afinogenov.)

As much as I have stated that this should be Pyatt's make or break year, I don't want to see him on the big team ahead of Roy or Gaustad. I would go with 7 d myself, to try to see if Connolly, Gaustad, or Pyatt can prove they belong in the big league; but I'd be surprised if the Sabres agree with me. I think Roy will be a good NHL player with time, but would not be disappointed nor surprised if they had him start the year in Rochester.

They really need to figure out, by the end of November at the absolute latest, which goalie is the odd man out. Realistically, I'd expect to see that happen by the end of October.

Dave.

I like Afinogenov. He's fun to watch. Very dynamic. Just don't ask him to hit the net with a shot. He is good at hitting the crest in the middle of the goalie's chest, mind you.

Taylor Pyatt is as useless as a flat spare-tire. The only difference is, is that the spare-tire would win more fights.

I like Derek Roy, Gausted and Vanek.

The Sabres may do ok this year 'cause they should be able to put out more variations on the pp and sh than other teams. Some teams (like the Leafs) will have one pp unit who gobble up huge chunks of ice-time. Equal ice-time will be beneficial to teams with good balance lines 1 through 4. I think the Sabres will be able to insert a lot of different players into pp and sh units, meaning they will have a more rested and more involved team in the game.

I don't see Kotalik on the Rochester list, but he has been in Ruff's doghouse and it is hard to get out of it once there. (Just ask Afinogenov.)

Noronen has been in the doghouse forever and based on the fact that he has just one start during the preseason makes me believe he will be the odd man out.

Guest sabres fan in PA

Granted, the way Noronen is treated he seems to be the odd goalie out. But how will the Sabres justify keeping either a million dollar back up (Miller) with a 2 million dollar starter (Biron)? Especially when it is even more likely a 2 mill. back up - Miller's better. Noronen is the only one making "back-up" pay and there is no way the controversy leaves if he is the one traded.I think most could accept a MIller Noronen tandem - everyone except maybe Lindy. I think his dog house has really begun to hurt the team. He's a good coach , just staying in one place to long. Even Bowman knew when to move on. By keeping Pyatt and Conally until the deadline they've lowered their trade value (if any ever existed). Why would teams trade or someone who would have to go through waivers?

Granted, the way Noronen is treated he seems to be the odd goalie out. But how will the Sabres justify keeping either a million dollar back up (Miller) with a 2 million dollar starter (Biron)? Especially when it is even more likely a 2 mill. back up - Miller's better. Noronen is the only one making "back-up" pay and there is no way the controversy leaves if he is the one traded.I think most could accept a MIller Noronen tandem - everyone except maybe Lindy. I think his dog house has really begun to hurt the team. He's a good coach , just staying in one place to long. Even Bowman knew when to move on. By keeping Pyatt and Conally until the deadline they've lowered their trade value (if any ever existed). Why would teams trade or someone who would have to go through waivers?

ive never thought of it that way... but it would be a PR disaster to have that big ol' starting contract backing up the rookie contract.... i thought for sure that biron and miller would be in... but now im thinkin different.... noronen and miller might do it... if they play ok through the season... if they don't........ were screwed!

ive never thought of it that way... but it would be a PR disaster to have that big ol' starting contract backing up the rookie contract.... i thought for sure that biron and miller would be in... but now im thinkin different.... noronen and miller might do it... if they play ok through the season... if they don't........ were screwed!

I hope Mikka gets a chance elsewhere. He's a solid goalie who only needs minutes to prove it. I'm not saying he'll be a Hall of Famer, but he'll be solid.

Guest #1 Sabres Fan

For those of you who think i don 't know sports(THIRD LINER)

I will predict PLAYERS on buffalo

Given that the routine is the same for almost all organizations and buffalo is most predictable but for some reason fans can't seem to deal with it(Third Liner)

Conelly will be given 25-35 games to produce given what he does if he shows flashes be traded, scores he will be kept and does nothing he will be waived.

As for Pyatt he still has atleast another year to prove himself but could possibly be packaged with a player ie. a goalie.

Simple Sabres economics as they always are, As for management they are never fired until their final year as buffalo refuses to have more than one manager under contract.

Goalie trade, Noranen will not be traded he is worth little and in my opinion hasn't shown much in the first place so he is worth nothing.

Biron will go but noy until a few games in until teams figure out themselves and their own positions.

Don't expect to see much in return but i wouldn't be suprised if we traded for a pick and Reiger says he is saving the cap for late in season

or a package say Pyatt and biron for a mid 2nd line player a 40 to 50 point player that buffalo expects to save the team.

Later Sabre Fans and Third Liner(*buffalo hater still haven't figured out if he is a fan or not???)

Archived