Best way to Stream out of market MLB games

inkman

Is anyone streaming out of market baseball this season?  I have YouTube TV which doesn't seem to provide a method.  I have Amazon Prime which does have an option to watch MLB but I can't figure out how to initiate it.  I'm open to Sling and Fubo if those are good options.  

43 minutes ago, miles said:

Cost isn't my biggest concern.  Just ease of use.  

And that still doesn't tell me HOW to watch it on Amazon.  The games are listed there but they are like in the future so I don't know how it's all gonna work.  

Edited by inkman

if you have a firetv stick, and you order through amazon, you should see it available through your subscriptions section on amazon, or you can use the mlb.tv app on the firetv stick

howver, i never did it that way. when i had the mlb.tv, i would go to https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games

if you want to watch on the tv instead of computer, you would need an internet connected tv or a device like the firetv stick (which plugs into the tv and makes it your tv internet ready) . if you have the firetv stick, you would just install the mlb app on it, and watch through there

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/amazon-fire-tv-get-started

we have the firetv stick and watch youtubetv through it. it was the best money i ever spent. 

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-with-Alexa-Voice-Remote/dp/B0791TX5P5/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?crid=3B3MB4OZPPF71&cv_ct_cx=fire+tv+stick&dchild=1&keywords=fire+tv+stick&pd_rd_i=B0791TX5P5&pd_rd_r=17c60012-4550-41d1-b2a2-bbf69e2303f4&pd_rd_w=cyELQ&pd_rd_wg=amEsQ&pf_rd_p=13bf9bc7-d68d-44c3-9d2e-647020f56802&pf_rd_r=MPP0F3JJ7HE2B1BQW9AN&psc=1&qid=1595530478&sprefix=firetv+%2Caps%2C170&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f

Edited by miles

6 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Baseball has become such a low wattage lightbulb the last couple years.  Strikeouts, walks, and homeruns, that's all.  Long counts every at bat.  Enumerable pitching changes to optimize matchups. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......  Playing in a empty ballpark isn't going to help that either.

Don't misunderstand. I love baseball as a sport.  I played and coached for many years.  I hate what MLB has done to the game in the name of analytics.  Particularly when it turns out that at least a portion of the "analytics" was just flat out cheating.

Not for nothing, but my grandfather stopped watching baseball saying similar things like, 40 years ago.

21 hours ago, inkman said:

Cost isn't my biggest concern.  Just ease of use.  

And that still doesn't tell me HOW to watch it on Amazon.  The games are listed there but they are like in the future so I don't know how it's all gonna work.  

Get the MLB package.  You can watch it on phone, tablet, Laptop, Roku and anything else.  Check blackout rules though.  if you can get the team on local cable it will be blacked out.  I live in Indiana and watch the Yankees.  I am blacked out when they play either Chicago team, the Tigers and the Reds...

the biggest reason i stopped watching baseball was because there was too much change in players too quickly. 

within 3 years of any given season, nearly the entire staff will have changed. short of the "star" players

5 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He wasn't wrong then either. It has gotten worse.

Mike Trout is arguably the best player in baseball.  Last year he had 600 plate appearances. 230 of them resulted in a walk or a strikeout.  In 38% of the plate appearances for the best player in the game nothing happened.

Bryce Harper had 277 walks and strikeouts in 682 plate appearances.  41% of his plate appearances you could have gone to the bathroom and missed nothing.

Let's take it back a couple decades to Ken Griffey Jr. in 1997.  He had 197 walks and K's in 704 PAs.  That's only 28% of PAs with no action.

Let's pick a random year of Willie Mays in 1962, 162 walks and K's in 706 PAs. 23%

It's one thing when it's one player on your team, but when it's the whole team on both teams trying to play this way it's awful to watch.  Maybe one of these days when I'm super bored I'll figure out the team percentages for the last 50 or 60 World Series winning teams.

The team in the field might disagree that strikeouts are nothing. It's an out and when you strike out Trout, it's usually a pretty big deal.  But i do agree that the game has changed since 1962.

24 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I'm talking from a spectator point of view. It's boring. 

"Stop trying to strike everybody. Strikeouts are boring. Besides that they're fascist. Throw some ground balls, it's more democratic."

I find  it boring as well. I'm a Yankees fan, couldn't wait for the game last night and I was still bored.

• inkman locked this topic