GASabresIUFAN

Jays to play in Buffalo?

1 hour ago, Crosschecking said:

Just my impression. I’ve driven by that area a few times and noticed how close together they are. It’s almost like claustrophobic.

I've been to games at both places.  It's great.

Haha - no sh1t?

Should have known it was going this way after I read that they were talking about just playing all games on the road, and treating some of them as home games. Or maybe playing in Baltimore with a whole fleet of portable changing rooms.

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Where are they playing the rest of their home games?  Can't they just stay there?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wonder if the parking garage overlooking the field will remove the "curtains" blocking the view of the field from there? They could make some serious cake this summer.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Will there be fans at the games?

No.  There is very little benefit to Buffalo in this.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No.  There is very little benefit to Buffalo in this.

Disagree, you now have a pro sports team staying in Buffalo hotels and eating Buffalo food. I think every little bit of that will help. 

Hotels must be ecstatic. That said, Buffalo will now have large groups of people from all over the US. To think they won’t be breaking quarantine would be naive. Shock Cuomo allowed this actually. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kas23 said:

Hotels must be ecstatic. That said, Buffalo will now have large groups of people from all over the US. To think they won’t be breaking quarantine would be naive. Shock Cuomo allowed this actually. 

MLB testing must be up to Cuomo standards even if wings aren't. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

MLB testing must be up to Cuomo standards even if wings aren't. 

And just think, Maryland and Pennsylvania rejected these games due to increased transmission risk. 

Forgot Canada too. 

Edited by kas23

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Disagree, you now have a pro sports team staying in Buffalo hotels and eating Buffalo food. I think every little bit of that will help. 

I didn't say there was no benefit.  There is little benefit.  Groundskeepers get paid, too, I get it.

I don't feel that the reward outweighs the risk here.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I didn't say there was no benefit.  There is little benefit.  Groundskeepers get paid, too, I get it.

I don't feel that the reward outweighs the risk here.

Oh, I understand what you are saying now. Hard to say but let's hope everything is okay. 

You can’t see the games in person and you can’t see them with the MLB season pass.  Only in WNY would we get so excited over something so meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Get ready for Buffalo to become a hotspot. You know these spoiled, pampered, entitled, babies wont follow quarantine rules. 

Adolph Cuomo strikes again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo gets a bit of a financial boost.   The ball park gets a few upgrades courtesy of the Jays.  There are some jobs and positive economic impact.   The down side is teams coming here with possible Covid Exposure - same risk as the NFL Teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

So, do I understand this correctly? The entire Jays team can go play games in Florida, then fly to Buffalo and play games there without a 14-day quarantine?

But if I fly there today and come back tomorrow, I’d have to quarantine?

Supposedly the Blue Jays are in discussions with the Sabres about using their equipment and such at the arena.

4 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

So, do I understand this correctly? The entire Jays team can go play games in Florida, then fly to Buffalo and play games there without a 14-day quarantine?

But if I fly there today and come back tomorrow, I’d have to quarantine?

They’re “essential workers”. 

10 hours ago, kas23 said:

They’re “essential workers”. 

Many "essential workers" travel and then have to quarantine. They had better be strict about isolation.