Jays to play in Buffalo?

GASabresIUFAN

Sounds like Nationals want no part in traveling to Miami.  Pause to the season seems a given with cancellation not far behind.  If a professional sports league cannot succeed, how do college sports succeed?  Perhaps high school sports will work because avarice won’t drive the conversation.

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

A fair point, but someone who does not live here is less likely to consider negative consequences.

Hey! ? 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

This is utter nonsense.  Why are they doing this?  It is just dumb, dumb and dumb.

It is. It's all money and/or trying to distract the masses from how messed up it is. The NHL is going to be worse; with baseball you have a chance that the opposing teams have minimal direct contact.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Hey! ? 

It is. It's all money and/or trying to distract the masses from how messed up it is. The NHL is going to be worse; with baseball you have a chance that the opposing teams have minimal direct contact.

Hockey is doing it different, though. Having the players in a bubble is safer than just letting them stay at home and hotels. Still might not be enough, but better 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Hockey is doing it different, though. Having the players in a bubble is safer than just letting them stay at home and hotels. Still might not be enough, but better 

They won’t be in a bubble for the 20-21 season, and that is when they will have the same problems as MLB and the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

At least one of the St. Louis Cardinals has tested positive, and their game tonight is postponed.

Here's the problem: MLB doesn't require its players to self-quarantine in hotels.  Even though Erie County will require teams to do that, they're already going to be traveling here with the virus.

The additional publicity that Sahlen's will get from being nationally televised approximately twice (it's not like the Blue Jays get a lot of play on ESPN, is it?) isn't worth it.

The restaurants that might be catering also might be forced to shut down if we have another wave.  Again, not worth it.

The two hotels involved will put employees at risk.  Not worth it.

Time to pull the plug on this.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to read Mike Harrington’s story about the ‘Battle of the Lakes’ exhibition at War Memorial in ‘87. Great time to be a baseball fan in WNY.  Ton of Braves, Blue Jays, Yankees and Mets games were on TV. Bisons games during the last days at the Rock Pile and the first years at Pilot Field were a blast.  And a Major League Baseball team in town seemed like a very real possibility.  

Edited by LawnWranglers

Holy ****.  The media hype over the Jays playing here(BN and the local TV stations) is ridiculous.  You would have thought that they moved here permanently, not for the next 6 weeks....with no fans & no benefit to the city except for a couple hotels.

Funny thing I read today...the centerfield jumbotron is too low and is a distraction to the batters.  Therefore, they blacked out the bottom 15' of it.  WTF designed and green lit it to begin with?  LOL

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Holy ****.  The media hype over the Jays playing here(BN and the local TV stations) is ridiculous.  You would have thought that they moved here permanently, not for the next 6 weeks....with no fans & no benefit to the city except for a couple hotels.

Funny thing I read today...the centerfield jumbotron is too low and is a distraction to the batters.  Therefore, they blacked out the bottom 15' of it.  WTF designed and green lit it to begin with?  LOL

Why don't they black out the whole thing?  It's not like anyone is watching it.

And if it's too low, yes, that is a major design flaw.

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you are inclined to watch, Tuesday's game will be on MLB Network, including in the Buffalo area.

Have DTV and the channel guide listing for MLBN is claiming that KC Cincy is the 6:30PM game.  Hoping that's a misprint.  Would like to see a game played in Buffalo, even if it is just on TV.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Have DTV and the channel guide listing for MLBN is claiming that KC Cincy is the 6:30PM game.  Hoping that's a misprint.  Would like to see a game played in Buffalo, even if it is just on TV.

Looks blacked out for me on Fubo. 

Which would seem strange, it’s not like I can go attend the game. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

U guys who say the Jays game is on local tv. Who's ur provider, Spectrum? Verizon FIOS?

Verizon guide has a totally different game scheduled, but if you disregard that & go to that channel anyways, the Jays game is on.

My father wanted to watch the game & was arguing with me that the game wasn't on because he saw the guide. I told him to just humor me & check out the channel & he just called to apologize to me haha.

53 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

U guys who say the Jays game is on local tv. Who's ur provider, Spectrum? Verizon FIOS?

Verizon guide has a totally different game scheduled, but if you disregard that & go to that channel anyways, the Jays game is on.

My father wanted to watch the game & was arguing with me that the game wasn't on because he saw the guide. I told him to just humor me & check out the channel & he just called to apologize to me haha.

In Ra-cha-cha MLBN has the KC Cincy game.  Suppose if they ever play the Yanks in Buffalo will finally get to watch them on Yes.

14 hours ago, In The Buff said:

This is what I went by:

5 hours ago, shrader said:

It wasn't too low for many of these same players when they were playing in AAA.  That's the part that confuses me.

There are lots of bad AAA parks and parks that have bad features. They have to deal with them when they're minor leaguers. They don't have to deal with it now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.