2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

Both Mittelstadt and Thompson have no reason to be in our line up. They can’t outplay anyone in the top 6 and we have better role players in all except Okposo, who wears a letter  

Does a team like Arizona bite on either one of them for a goalie?  Or are we stuck on hoping Botterill will take them back?

Edited by triumph_communes

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, if they trade for MAF, there is at least a 50/50 chance that MAF becomes the #1 goalie.

I'm not saying you are wrong because we are talking hypotheticals and opinions but I just don't envision the organization signing MAF to be the #1 goalie. If there is a trade for a goalie it would be to replace Hutton as our #2. My sense is the organization is invested in Ullmark and is comfortable with him being the #1. 

Maybe I'm being too stubborn on the goalie issue but I don't believe the organization is as troubled with Hutton being the backup as the fanbase is. 

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

How many wins better that Ullmark do you think Fleury is, over the remaining games?

I think a combo of Fleury-Ullmark is substantially better than Ullmark-Hutton.  There are 49 games left.  With Ullmark-Hutton, it's hard to see them doing much better than 25-24 (with that combo they were 30-39 last year and 33-49 the previous year).

With Fleury-Ullmark, I could see them going 31-18 or so, which would put them in the playoffs.

As always, it depends on the price. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Maybe I'm being too stubborn on the goalie issue but I don't believe the organization is as troubled with Hutton being the backup as the fanbase is. 

If that is the case, then the organization is also being “stubborn”.  
😉

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not saying you are wrong because we are talking hypotheticals and opinions but I just don't envision the organization signing MAF to be the #1 goalie. If there is a trade for a goalie it would be to replace Hutton as our #2. My sense is the organization is invested in Ullmark and is comfortable with him being the #1. 

If the bolded were true they would've given him more than a 1-year deal that walks him to UFA.

There is no reason in the world for any rational team to be invested in Ullmark and not to be interested in an upgrade, depending, of course, on price.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If the bolded were true they would've given him more than a 1-year deal that walks him to UFA.

There is no reason in the world for any rational team to be invested in Ullmark and not to be interested in an upgrade, depending, of course, on price.

If you look at the other contracts given out such as to Reinhart and the other players that were brought on in general they were for short term deals. Ullmark is still in a show-me status for the big long-term deal as with Reinhart. That's not to suggest that they don't like these players but they are not going to be caught up with a Skinner type deal for players that they are not sure are good to very good. 

The point I was emphasizing with Ullmark is that the organization is comfortable with him as their #1 goalie this year and the near future. But when you are investing in a longer and richer term deal then prudence is the way to go. And on the Ullmark side of the equation he doing well in an interim deal makes him more appealing on the market when it gets to that point.  

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Seravalli at TSN reporting that the Blues are talking with other teams about Vince Dunn. He was scratched last game and is in the coach’s doghouse.

Straight up for Miller?

I know St. Louis has holes at RD, but something tells me they would want more than Miller.  That team's cap situation is complicated so I'm not sure if his cap hit would be an issue or not.

I'm not a huge Dunn fan, but I do think he would be a decent trade target.  Evens out our defensive handedness and could provide some offensive ability in a sheltered role.

Friedman reporting Bennett has asked for a trade out of Calgary. Bennett's agent confirms?

Bennett looking for center position time, so the report goes.

Buffalo, Calgary talked trade a month or so back, I believe the convo was goalie and a forward?

Staal, 36 on 1 year deal, Buffalo will need another?

Is there a deal to be had here?

@Scottysabres what does he add to our team?  I agree we need to think beyond Staal as the 2C, but Cozens is that man long-term.  I agree we may need a stop gap for one more year, but Staal could still be that guy.  Bennett imho doesn’t fit the bill.

This is one of the reasons I had hope we’d go after someone with term like Henrique.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@Scottysabres what does he add to our team?  I agree we need to think beyond Staal as the 2C, but Cozens is that man long-term.  I agree we may need a stop gap for one more year, but Staal could still be that guy.  Bennett imho doesn’t fit the bill.

This is one of the reasons I had hope we’d go after someone with term like Henrique.  

Bennett brings something to the table many say this team has lacked for over a decade now. Passion.

He's very much known as a heart and soul type player that plays tenaciously. While you may be indifferent to that type of player, many of us aren't.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Bennett brings something to the table many say this team has lacked for over a decade now. Passion.

He's very much known as a heart and soul type player that plays tenaciously. While you may be indifferent to that type of player, many of us aren't.

But is he really that much better then Lazar?  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN