2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Shootica said:

It would have to be Reinhart plus a substantial asset, and I have a hard time coming up with a 'plus' that makes sense.

In a vacuum, I'd give Cozens for PLD.  But in a cap world...

I don't think we have the right pieces or enough need to be in the conversation for PLD.  Winnipeg makes a ton of sense there.

When I read this I thought one thing... with regards to the work ethic Cozens had.  No way I would give up Cozens... everything about him screams he has the right attitude for the game.

33 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Dubois trade talk brings back very painful O’Reilly memories for me.

They are very much comparables and should net similar returns. We all know that’s not going to happen.

And then this was posted...

PLD is ROR.  Perhaps he's not as talented, but I'm not interested in acquiring another Eeyore.  People fawn over ROR constantly. They point to the SC he won when he left Buffalo. They completely ignore why that happened (it wasn't ROR) and they ignore his comments.  They point to how he "lost his love of the game" and all that and attribute that to Buffalo.

The dude lost his love of the game in Colroado as he forced his way out there.  Now's the "C" in St. Louis and but for the fact that division is so weak the Blues would be near the bottom.  He's going to lose his love of the game there as well.  He thinks he means everything to a team and wants to be adored. He's a really good player, but his need to be loved is too great.  It won't be long until he falls out of favor in St. Louis and we'll see the same thing happen again.

Dude is tied for 10th with 7 other players on the Blues with 1 freakin point.  

PLD's antics in CBJ wreak of ROR.  No matter how bad you want out you don't dress for a game and then pull the crap he pulled on the ice.  As a teammate I would have dragged him all over the locker room for it. 

Glad he's not going to be the Sabres problem.  Let the Jets deal with it.

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Raanta's on IR, no?

He is.  I wonder if there's any chance the Sabres are considering some way to move salary to Arizona and in return take Hossa's contract?  I honestly don't even know if its possible but perhaps the Coyotes want Okposo so he can play with Larsson?  🙂  (That's some delusional thinking right there).  But with regards to the complications, trying to deal for a goalie on IR would fit the bill.

Edited by LTS
added to my Cozens thought.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

@dudacekmentioned that a Goalie Coach was on Vancouver Radio and was discussing the fact MAF wasn’t the same goalie without Mike Bales 

He is no sure how long he will be on it for though 

I'm not excited at the idea of Fleury coming here; it's an interesting idea but it doesn't move me.  I just can't think of any other goalies "out west" that are on the block.

34 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

@dudacekmentioned that a Goalie Coach was on Vancouver Radio and was discussing the fact MAF wasn’t the same goalie without Mike Bales 

He is not sure how long he will be on it for though 

Oh that’s right!  Forgot that Bales had Fleury before.

Fleury isn’t awesome, but his solid.  An actual useable NHL goalie.

Edited by Curt

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

For what it's worth, Chad says he knows who it is and has ruled out Raanta, Rittich, Peterson, Miller, and Gibson.

He also says the tricky part would be making the cap space work, which obviously brings Fleury to mind.

Has Chad had inside scoop about any previous deals we've made?

14 minutes ago, Shootica said:

For what it's worth, Chad says he knows who it is and has ruled out Raanta, Rittich, Peterson, Miller, and Gibson.

He also says the tricky part would be making the cap space work, which obviously brings Fleury to mind.

FWIW, I believe Chad has the kind of sources that can be trusted. What he is reporting isn’t really news. Teams are continuously looking for ways to improve themselves then weigh the cost/benefit of each proposal. They have adjusted their feelings on the cost/benefit. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Yes. More than any other Sabres media figure, if memory serves.

Erod deal at the trade deadline last year was one, if I remember correctly. I think there was at least one other.

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

FWIW, I believe Chad has the kind of sources that can be trusted. What he is reporting isn’t really news. Teams are continuously looking for ways to improve themselves then weigh the cost/benefit of each proposal. They have adjusted their feelings on the cost/benefit. 

Which tells me the Sabres may have upped what they are willing to spend on some of the discussions you alluded to earlier.

And that the current Hutton/Ullmark situations have them concerned.

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yes. More than any other Sabres media figure, if memory serves.

Erod deal at the trade deadline last year was one, if I remember correctly. I think there was at least one other.

Which tells me the Sabres may have upped what they are willing to spend on some of the discussions you alluded to earlier.

And that the current Hutton/Ullmark situations have them concerned.

Or that they believe that they are better then most thought and that the division isn’t quite as formidable as first thought. 

• Like (+1) 2

MAF could be exactly what the doctor ordered for the Sabres -- in terms of both filling a major need on the ice but also in demeanor, experience, etc.

Certainly the cap part of it is tricky.  Vegas would need to either keep part of the cap hit or take someone like KO in return.

Let's get this done, KA.

3 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Or that they believe that they are better then most thought and that the division isn’t quite as formidable as first thought. 

I so hope the first night of the NHL playoffs finds you in an easy chair enjoying a glass of fine scotch with a smug smile.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Miller to Vegas for Fleury(2mil retained)

Vegas gets their old cap casualty back and a much needed 3rd RD while ridding themselves of a portion of Fleury's contract. Just a more general idea 

Considering He is a back up for Vegas and the Sabres have to absorb two years of the deal I would send Montour instead 

27 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Assuming it is MAF, what can we send that makes sense from the POV of salary and LVGK's needs while not harming the team?

The Salary Cap Gymnastics would suck with a deal like this