2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

37 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The goalie is worth more than the forward?

Based on the way he's performed the past two seasons, Kuemper is worth more than Montour.

Maybe we can get Raantta for just a 2nd.

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The goalie is worth more than the forward?

Kuemper is worth a ton more than Montour - look at his last couple years - top 10 goalie. My #1 trade target. Sabres get Kuemper, Sabres make the playoffs ++.

Arizona is up against the cap too

Reinhart, mittlestadt, Hutton, Miller, 2022 1st

for

kuemper, hanifan, schmaltz, kessel

would have to unload another contract to make cap work for us

• Haha (+1) 1
27 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Kuemper is worth a ton more than Montour - look at his last couple years - top 10 goalie. My #1 trade target. Sabres get Kuemper, Sabres make the playoffs ++.

for

This is just a bit too much, dont ya think? Also, how did Hanifan get himself involved in this? lol

• Like (+1) 1
27 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

for

Don't be shy

6 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

for

For starters this would be absurd levels of overpayments, then I'm confused as to how Hanifin ended up in Arizona.

Secondarily the team is now worse overall. Kuemper is an upgrade for sure but Reinhart is still the best player involved seeing as Kessel is rather old at this point.

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

For starters this would be absurd levels of overpayments, then I'm confused as to how Hanifin ended up in Arizona.

Secondarily the team is now worse overall. Kuemper is an upgrade for sure but Reinhart is still the best player involved seeing as Kessel is rather old at this point.

Wookie, as you said previously, you’ve gotten better at your valuation but it’s still startling to see you criticize some bazaar trade scenario, even when you are 100% correct.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Wookie, as you said previously, you’ve gotten better at your valuation but it’s still startling to see you criticize some bazaar trade scenario, even when you are 100% correct.

Brings a tear to my eye seeing how far out little Wookiee has come 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

The Leafs relying heavily on their big 3 again. 

Yeah.. and I love seeing that they are still paying Phil "The Thrill" Kessel $1.2M 🙂

• Haha (+1) 1
2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hmm I wonder if we could get Dunn from StL. We do need an LHD

Dunn for Mittelstadt has gotten some interest from both sides.  My gut tells me we'd have to throw in a small add, but that base could work.

Man, I really wish Boston had re-signed Krug or traded for OEL and made Grzelcyk available.  I'd love to have him at the price he just re-signed for.

• Like (+1) 1
2 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Fix the goal tending.  Get Raanta from Arizona and move on.  Trade Hutton and his expiring as part of the deal.  

I don't think Arizona wants Hutton.  They have Adin Hill ready to come up and be their backup goalie next season, and they're trying to clear salary off that roster.

So realistically, we'd be trading for Raanta and burying Hutton in Rochester for the $1.075M cap savings.  That would be a net cap increase of $3.175M that would likely have to be accounted for by moving someone else.

3 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Fix the goal tending.  Get Raanta from Arizona and move on.  Trade Hutton and his expiring as part of the deal.  

It's the one move I think we need before I can begin contemplating venturing into the murky waters of predicting a playoff berth. 

• Like (+1) 3