2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So you're fine if you bring in a guy and he decides to mail it in because "it's a losing culture?"

IMHO, it is a partial answer which, to some extent, absolves the player of some of the reasons of poor performance.  The Sabres of much of the last decade are an example of "malpractise makes malperfect."  (Solomon Short, character created by Dave Gerrold [author, including the _Star Trek_ episodes "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "More Tribbles, More Troubles"]; based on Robert Heinein's Lazarus Long.)

The Bills did this for 17 years until Beane and McDermott came in.  Get the right players; move good players who don't comply.  Create an aura of professionalism.  Expect accountability across the board including yourself.  Add JA and POOF the stench is gone.

57 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

That proposal is asinine. You’d get that for prime Hall with two years of control, not this Hall with looming UFA.

Also, with the speculation that Hall actually kind of likes it here ... anyone think it’s possible he comes back this offseason after a deadline trade?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That proposal is asinine. You’d get that for prime Hall with two years of control, not this Hall with looming UFA.

Also, with the speculation that Hall actually kind of likes it here ... anyone think it’s possible he comes back this offseason after a deadline trade?

I hope not.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think the performative white-knighting and subtweeting reminiscent of high school lunch tables is a worse look than anything LaPerreausek has said lol

Well, it would seem that you have not read all 24 posts.

Dude had to lock a reasonable thread primarily due to the posts of a certain contributor of crap.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Well, it would seem that you have not read all 24 posts.

Dude had to lock a reasonable thread primarily due to the posts of a certain contributor of crap.

Sorry, wrong thread, but that does not change the fact the all 24 posts are terrible, especially the women in hockey garbage.

• Haha (+1) 1

To BUF:
Armia
Kulak
Lehkonen
Weal (Cap Dump)
2021 1st round pick (MTL)
2022 2nd round pick (MTL)

To MTL:
Hall(50%)
Montour(50%)

All Buffalo would need to do is put McCabe on LTIR for a couple days to put Weal on either the Taxi Squad or AHL.

Any thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

To BUF:
Armia
Kulak
Lehkonen
Weal (Cap Dump)

To MTL:
Hall(50%)
Montour(50%)

All Buffalo would need to do is put McCabe on LTIR for a couple days to put Weal on either the Taxi Squad or AHL.

Any thoughts?

I think if Montreal were interested, it would have happened in the Staal trade

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

To BUF:
Armia
Kulak
Lehkonen
Weal (Cap Dump)

To MTL:
Hall(50%)
Montour(50%)

Any thoughts?

I would be ok with this. At worst the Sabres lose Kulak in the expansion draft and don’t re-sign Armia or Lehkonen and they end up with a 1st and 2nd for Hall and Montour. 

At best Armia and Lehkonen are good middle/bottom six fits and are re-signed at reasonable rates and Kulak is a stable veteran left shot d-man for us. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think if Montreal were interested, it would have happened in the Staal trade

40 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Not necessarily, separate trades have happened before.

It's the Buffalo Sabres....so in your deal, Montreal would include trading Staal BACK to Buffalo in exchange for Buffalo's 2nd and 4th round picks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

To BUF:
Armia
Kulak
Lehkonen
Weal (Cap Dump)

To MTL:
Hall(50%)
Montour(50%)

Any thoughts?

Fine by me, I'd rather have a prospect like Jesse Ylonen over Lehkonen/Kulak.  Draft picks are fine though.