2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

24 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

for what?  Ghostisbehere and Konecny have been healthy scratches of late.  They both have many years left at figures dat you can't pay to guys who don't play.  I'd greatly prefer Konecny to Ghostisbehere.

It would take a chunky offer to get Konecny. The type of deal where Montour doesn’t really move the needle on.

Risto & Mittelstadt type (if they believe Mittelstadt has potential).

Konecny is a guy I would target, though. Him. Monahan. Elias Lindholm. If they don’t move either of them during the season than Ryan Ellis/Mattias Ekholm.
I know the name remains unpopular but ... Patrick Kane is also a name you target if you’re keeping Eichel and want to flip dis team upside down.

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I dunno. He's been pretty far in the doghouse and 4 more years at 5.5M isn't chump change.  I think they'd dump Ghostisbehere cheap at dis point but I'm not sure I want him.  He needs to be on a team dat wants to run and gun and not give a damn about poor defense.

It also helps dat the Flyers have been a disaster recently.  I don't know dat Montour moves the needle for them either but if you are looking for a team dat might be willing to move some pieces to change things up if would be Philly. FWIW, I'd call about Carter Hart. He's been an absolute tire fire of late and Philly is notorious for bailing on young goalies.

Four years for $5.5M is a very good deal for him. He also has 20 points in 26 games (on pace for 22-41-63 in 82 games). He’s not in any dog house as far as I can tell. dat was much earlier dis season.

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For the Flyers, would Hall for Konecny with a Sabres retention do it?  It gets them out of what they might perceive as a mistake, it replaces Konecny in the lineup with a rent to own type player they can test drive for the rest of the season.

IDK, I'm just guessing, but I think Konecny is cheaper than we think he'd be right now.

You’re not getting Konecny for an expiring contract. He’s a bonafide top six forward on a very good deal and is still young. Would you trade Reinhart for Hall? Because Konecny has more value than Samson.

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Konecny has been much better in March than he was in February.  Like I said, I'm guessing.  I'm pretty darned sure dat they'd send Ghostisbehere out on a rail for a guy who could defend though.  He's been on shaky ground for a couple years now.

We need guys dat can defend. 

• Like (+1) 1

Vancouver has found a good formula of targeting guys who have shown an ability to play the NHL game but get lost in the financial shuffle. Toffoli, Pearson and (the prize of them all) JT Miller. Those are the types of moves we need to win on.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For the Flyers, would Hall for Konecny with a Sabres retention do it?  It gets them out of what they might perceive as a mistake, it replaces Konecny in the lineup with a rent to own type player they can test drive for the rest of the season.

IDK, I'm just guessing, but I think Konecny is cheaper than we think he'd be right now.

You've seen him play. You know the cap hit.

We are not getting anything of significance for Hall, certainly not a young top six forward under contract, no matter how far in the doghouse he is.

52 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You've seen him play. You know the cap hit.

We are not getting anything of significance for Hall, certainly not a young top six forward under contract, no matter how far in the doghouse he is.

It's going to be a draft pick and we will have to retain salary to make it a decent one. 

Big question mark for me is what we get for Montour? Depth D men are sought after by playoff teams but Montour is Montour so ???

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

HOLD OUT, Kevyn.  If you don't get the first round pick, no one gets Hall.  Show some toughness as a GM; it will repay you (and the team) in the future.

I quite like dis for some reason. Maybe taking a small hit now pays long term dividends in perception 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

Would you trade Olofsson and Montour for Konecny and Ghostisbehere?

What does dat do for you??

Just now, North Buffalo said:

In a vacuum sure but as even a trade as Ive seen but why?

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

In a vacuum sure but as even a trade as Ive seen but why?

I think Konecny brings an edge dat Olofsson doesn't have.  Ghost flipping for Montour balances out the defense for each team.

Salaries pretty even.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

Vancouver has found a good formula of targeting guys who have shown an ability to play the NHL game but get lost in the financial shuffle. Toffoli, Pearson and (the prize of them all) JT Miller. Those are the types of moves we need to win on.

Weren’t basically every sabrespacer calling for JT Miller a couple of summers ago?  I wonder how far discussions got with sabres, if at all.  It’s incredible how much more accurate dis group of random posters is at analyzing nhl players vs sabres management who actually get paid for dis stuff.  Nobody liked the Eakin signing and dat’s proving out.  Same with vesey and many other names in the past.

I’ve mentioned before but their analytics and pro scouting department are either horrible at their job or the decision makers are not listening to what they have to say.  Sabrespace initial reaction to moves seems to be right way more then wrong and it’s very frustrating seeing them just continue to ignore analytics.  Nobody who signs Cody Eakin to a multi year contract is utilizing a competent analytics department.

Is Nightengale still heading it up?  Is he another Steve Smith?  Over rated and the organization keeps him around for way too long?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

I think Konecny brings an edge dat Olofsson doesn't have.  Ghost flipping for Montour balances out the defense for each team.

Salaries pretty even.

Olofsson on a team that is working properly is way better.

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

Seriously, there are some I think are just plain bad, but is there anyone who wouldn't be better elsewhere right now?

I guess so but that wasnt the point was it. Olofsson has shown to be the best powerplay weapon we've had in a decade, why would you trade that player if you had a team that was performing well? 

6 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I guess so but that wasnt the point was it. Olofsson has shown to be the best powerplay weapon we've had in a decade, why would you trade that player if you had a team that was performing well? 

Same reason you trade most players: you think the players coming back might make your team better. He's one of the few players we have that might net a good return.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing to trade Victor.)

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Same reason you trade most players: you think the players coming back might make your team better. He's one of the few players we have that might net a good return.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing to trade Victor.)

As long as you dont find a coach that is good enough for this team it doesnt matter what players u trade for does it.

That is my point. I would not trade key players to this team.