2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hmm, can one buyout a player mid-season? 

Deangelo's buyout is only 1/3rd and would be a negligible caphit. I wonder if we could trade them Okposo for him then just either bury or buy him out.  

DeAngelo can't play D, is probably a racist, is definitely a piece of *****, and could have been had for free on waivers. Why would they spend extra money on waivers for a longer term when they can bury bury DeAngelo now for a lesser amount?

53 minutes ago, #freejame said:

DeAngelo can't play D, is probably a racist, is definitely a piece of *****, and could have been had for free on waivers. Why would they spend extra money on waivers for a longer term when they can bury bury DeAngelo now for a lesser amount?

Unsure to be honest but I'm honestly rather curious about that.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

My cousins are Rangers fans.  Stay miles away from DeAngelo.  According to them, he is less effective but more divisive than Steve Avery.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

My cousins are Rangers fans.  Stay miles away from DeAngelo.  According to them, he is less effective but more divisive than Steve Avery.

I'm definitely far from the kind of person to throw around the "probably a racist" card but everything about him is off-putting. Watched a TSN piece on him a few weeks ago and he and his dad both seem like royal pieces of *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I'm definitely far from the kind of person to throw around the "probably a racist" card but everything about him is off-putting. Watched a TSN piece on him a few weeks ago and he and his dad both seem like royal pieces of *****. 

He is a nut case. On the other hand, given his extreme political views it would be interesting to see how we could discuss him without violating separation of political thread and hockey related threads,

Listening to the Canuck guys on 1040 today contemplating if the nucks could move Lou Erickson for him. Why ? I can understand getting rid of the contract of the guy you got but if the guy you bring in is a douche ? Anyways likely just filling airtime.

I’m in Vegas and the talk about Miller coming back to Vegas from Buffalo isn’t gonna happen. VGK is right up against the cap and they have some young defenseman that are ready to step in.

I know Sabres really need a goalie and their is talk about Fleury eventually getting moved but I highly doubt it. Owner Bill Foley probably isn’t going to let that happen plus Fleury is still playing well. I know who the Sabres should go after for goaltending and that is Darcy Kuemper. Seen him a lot the last couple seasons and he’s keeps the Coyotes in these games. If I’m Buffalo I pull the trigger on him.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

31 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I’m in Vegas and the talk about Miller coming back to Vegas from Buffalo isn’t gonna happen. VGK is right up against the cap and they have some young defenseman that are ready to step in.

I know Sabres really need a goalie and their is talk about Fleury eventually getting moved but I highly doubt it. Owner Bill Foley probably isn’t going to let that happen plus Fleury is still playing well. I know who the Sabres should go after for goaltending and that is Darcy Kuemper. Seen him a lot the last couple seasons and he’s keeps the Coyotes in these games. If I’m Buffalo I pull the trigger on him.

Kuemper huh? Ok Coyotes knowing the Sabres are desperate for an upgrade in goal, take advantage of that desperation and want Reinhart, Quinn, Hutton and 2nd round in 2021 for him. Do it?

I like Bennet's physical game and he does well in playoffs.  I would want him as a 3rd line winger.

Sabres biggest mistake over last seven years is still selecting Reinhart over Draisaitl!!

14-15 Edmonton Oilers 37games -2goals 7 assist = 9pts. -17|

15-16 Edmonton Oilers 72games - 19 goals  32 assists. 51 points -2 

First two years were rough but has blossomed into the best player in that draft.  

Sabres would have still sucked his rookie year so they still would have had Jack or McDavid

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I like Bennet's physical game and he does well in playoffs.  I would want him as a 3rd line winger.

Sabres biggest mistake over last seven years is still selecting Reinhart over Draisaitl!!

14-15 Edmonton Oilers 37games -2goals 7 assist = 9pts. -17|

15-16 Edmonton Oilers 72games - 19 goals  32 assists. 51 points -2 

First two years were rough but has blossomed into the best player in that draft.  

Sabres would have still sucked his rookie year so they still would have had Jack or McDavid

This narrative needs to be shot into the moon 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Since you want Bennett so bad let's play. The Sabres draft Bennett over Reinhart.... now you want to talk biggest mistakes. 

The biggest mistake of the last 7 years is hands down the ROR trade, nothing else is even remotely close. 

But if you have Draisaitl and Eichel you probably are winning and ROR never makes comments and gets traded!!!

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

TSN Radio Vancouver

@TSN1040

'

@DhaliwalSports

on Sam Bennett: "Trade situation is heating up & I’ve been told this morning that the #Canucks don’t have enough assets to make this deal for Sam Bennett."

1:32 PM · Feb 4, 2021

If the Canucks are so significantly lacking in talent assets as to be unable to acquire Sam friggin' Bennett they should start calling themselves San Jose North.

Pretty sure they have the assets to acquire him but somebody else wants him more.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

If the Canucks are so significantly lacking in talent assets as to be unable to acquire Sam friggin' Bennett they should start calling themselves San Jose North.

Pretty sure they have the assets to acquire him but somebody else wants him more.

Or is Calgary asking too much for him?