2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

PLD value just took a hit with his play last night.  Also the COVID quarantine rules in Canada make a deal with a Canadian club harder. Having a guy sit for two weeks before he suits up this season is a big hurdle in a US to Canada team trade.

How much is PLD worth?  I’d give them Mitts, our first, and Eakin.  Cap has to be considered.  Getting a guy with an attitude problem regardless of talent doesn’t help value.

Dude. 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Dude. 

It's crazy to think we can pull off the deal.  Would you trade Sam for PLD straight up?  PLD makes $5 mill for the next 2 years.  We have $1.25 in cap space.  We'd have to clear more then one someone to make it work and we still need goaltending.

So come up with a viable trade that clears 4-5 in cap to bring on PLD or is a cap for cap trade such as Reinhart for PLD.

They aren't taking KO from us or Girgensons.  They want a top 6 forward back.  We'll they only viable candidate is Reinhart.  I don't see that happening.  You can put a package together such as Miller, Eakin, Mitts, our 1st, & Johnson.  This way the cap number is close, they potentially get 3 guys for this year's lineup and if Mitts succeeds then they end up with 3 1st rd quality picks/players and we'd finally get a real 2C who could be here for years to come.

The roster might look something like this

Hall Eichel Reinhart

Olofsson PLD Cozens

Skinner Staal Sheahan

Reider Lazar Okposo (when healthy)

Not to worry.  It isn't happening anyway.

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's crazy to think we can pull off the deal.  Would you trade Sam for PLD straight up?  PLD makes $5 mill for the next 2 years.  We have $1.25 in cap space.  We'd have to clear more then one someone to make it work and we still need goaltending.

So come up with a viable trade that clears 4-5 in cap to bring on PLD or is a cap for cap trade such as Reinhart for PLD.

They aren't taking KO from us or Girgensons.  They want a top 6 forward back.  We'll they only viable candidate is Reinhart.  I don't see that happening.  You can put a package together such as Miller, Eakin, Mitts, our 1st, & Johnson.  This way the cap number is close, they potentially get 3 guys for this year's lineup and if Mitts succeeds then they end up with 3 1st rd quality picks/players and we'd finally get a real 2C who could be here for years to come.

If you don’t see the Sabres giving up Reino or better for PLD, then you don’t see them getting PLD.  CBJ isn’t taking a bunch of spare parts for him, especially not if Laine is on the table as an option.  

It would have to be Reinhart plus a substantial asset, and I have a hard time coming up with a 'plus' that makes sense.

In a vacuum, I'd give Cozens for PLD.  But in a cap world...

I don't think we have the right pieces or enough need to be in the conversation for PLD.  Winnipeg makes a ton of sense there.

55 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If you don’t see the Sabres giving up Reino or better for PLD, then you don’t see them getting PLD.  CBJ isn’t taking a bunch of spare parts for him, especially not if Laine is on the table as an option.  

Laine is of course great at scoring goals, but he seems like an awful fit for Columbus/Torts.  Maybe Columbus is hanging the fact out there that teams need to beat that offer of Laine+ while secretly not really wanting Laine.

I am happy the Sabres name was mentioned in the PLD situation, even if nothing comes to fruition. If there is a deal to be had somewhere in the league, I'd expect a goalie to be a priority for the Sabres, but, given Ralph's propensity for hanging with Hutton and Ullmark I just don't see it happening this season. Oh to be a fly on the wall in Adams office at this time. I sure would like to know what the plan is here, what their mindset, their thinking is, both on what they currently have and what they see as a way forward given the expansion draft, the contracts and so on.

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

Laine is of course great at scoring goals, but he seems like an awful fit for Columbus/Torts.  Maybe Columbus is hanging the fact out there that teams need to beat that offer of Laine+ while secretly not really wanting Laine.

Laine has developed into a much more rounded, hard working player in the past year or two.  Very different player than when he first got that reputation.

I think he would do just fine playing under Torts.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That almost has to be who Chad is talking about, right?

@dudacekmentioned that a Goalie Coach was on Vancouver Radio and was discussing the fact MAF wasn’t the same goalie without Mike Bales 

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Raanta's on IR, no?

He is not sure how long he will be on it for though 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1