2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

13 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

If I'm Adams, I'm topping any offer by Montreal. PLD is a package Buffalo needs, Center, Size, Tenaciousness and Skill. You acquire players like this, especially at 22 yrs of age, under team control, a bit raw, but very moldable with the right coaching staff. Foolish not to grab this guy imo.

He wants to play “on a big stage”. Guessing Buffalo doesn’t make the cut.  

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

He wants to play “on a big stage”. Guessing Buffalo doesn’t make the cut.  

You could very well be right, ink but we don't know what's in PLD's head or his agent's head for sure (unless it's been published by a credible source). 

We're aggravated being 0-2.

go Sabres

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They should have been doing this a month ago.  I don’t doubt they were but beyond frustrating nothing was able to get done.  Didn’t we see a bunch of goalie signings and trades during free agency?  Adams shouldn’t be let off the hook for this.

13 minutes ago, Derrico said:

They should have been doing this a month ago.  I don’t doubt they were but beyond frustrating nothing was able to get done.  Didn’t we see a bunch of goalie signings and trades during free agency?  Adams shouldn’t be let off the hook for this.

So how do we hold him accountable?  Stop going to games? 😛  Stop buying new royal blue merch?🙄  I hear ya I just don’t think there is much to grasp on to.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Not that I completely disagree with you but we just gave up 5 goals (discounting the ENG) in the last 3 games against Washington and the Flyers. We lost 2 of them because we couldn't score. I wouldn't be so hard on Adams for this just yet but with Linus U. situation in the air, we do need to go get someone if there's a chance to.

2 hours ago, Derrico said:

It was a mistake, but

2 hours ago, inkman said:

So how do we hold him accountable?  Stop going to games? 😛  Stop buying new royal blue merch?🙄  I hear ya I just don’t think there is much to grasp on to.  

Ink is right. 

Also, I'm willing to let him off the hook for this, absolutely, if he makes a timely upgrade in the coming days.

Botterill's inaction was always a bigger issue than his actions. (For the most part, obviously). 

Edited by Thorny

15 hours ago, jsb said:

Not that I completely disagree with you but we just gave up 5 goals (discounting the ENG) in the last 3 games against Washington and the Flyers. We lost 2 of them because we couldn't score. I wouldn't be so hard on Adams for this just yet but with Linus U. situation in the air, we do need to go get someone if there's a chance to.

Don't confuse how well the goalies are playing with how well the team has played in front of the goalies.  Linus, Hutton and JJ have a save percentage this season of: .905, .899 and .889 respectively.  It's even more frustrating how well the team really has played in terms of shot suppression and they're 1-3.  I never had a problem with Ullmark.  Hutton sub .900 save percentage is just not going to come close to getting it done over the course of a season.....again...

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

What does it take to get Dubois and Merzlikins out of Columbus?

I'll start with next years #1 and Mittlestadt...plus???

you are adding at least Reinhart and maybe cozens to that deal. Maybe you can somehow hold onto to cozens but I don't see how, if they heavily value Reinhart perhaps but Columbus needs centers. 

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

What does it take to get Dubois and Merzlikins out of Columbus?

I'll start with next years #1 and Mittlestadt...plus???

I can't see the Sabres and Jackets connecting for a trade that doesn't involve Dylan Cozens or Sam Reinhart. And the Sabres would have to add.

Other teams will be offering an asset at least that good.

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dreger mentioned there are more teams in on PLD than not. He also said he believes the Sabres are not in the Top 5 to acquire Him. They are looking for a center in return and have asked Montreal for Suzuki they countered with Jesper Kotamnemi. 

Not exactly surprising; they'd be looking for a 1to1 swap of young centers and we don't exactly have one close in value.

Eichel >> PLD

Cozens ? PLD

Staal, Sheahan, Girgs, etc < PLD

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Not exactly surprising; they'd be looking for a 1to1 swap of young centers and we don't exactly have one close in value.

Eichel >> PLD

Cozens ? PLD

Staal, Sheahan, Girgs, etc < PLD

Dreger used the term plug and play Cozens doesn’t fit that bill

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I can't see the Sabres and Jackets connecting for a trade that doesn't involve Dylan Cozens or Sam Reinhart. And the Sabres would have to add.

definitely need to subtract some salary to bring in Dubois.  

1st rounder is worth a lot though, so I doubt you need to add Cozens.

Is Mitts at the level of Kotanmeni?  If i was the Sabres, Id get him in the lineup to boost his worth.

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Is Mitts at the level of Kotanmeni?  If i was the Sabres, Id get him in the lineup to boost his worth.

Should add, the deal definitely needs to include one of their goalies

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Should add, the deal definitely needs to include one of their goalies

Cozens is worth more than a Sabres first rounder — more proven and closer to making an impact.

The Jackets will not accept a package with the biggest piece worth less than Cozens or Reinhart.

Mitts is, without question, worth less than Kotkaniemi.

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Cozens is worth more than a Sabres first rounder — more proven and closer to making an impact.

The Jackets will not accept a package with the biggest piece worth less than Cozens or Reinhart.

Mitts is, without question, worth less than Kotkaniemi.

Montreal probably has the most to offer with some high end young talent. Although they are reluctant to give up a talent like Suzuki plus a lot more they can get a deal done if they are willing to pay the steep price. 

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Dreger mentioned there are more teams in on PLD than not. He also said he believes the Sabres are not in the Top 5 to acquire Him. They are looking for a center in return and have asked Montreal for Suzuki they countered with Jesper Kotamnemi. 

I agree that the Sabres aren't getting PLD without giving up Reino or Cozens.  I continue to think giving up Reino makes more sense from the Sabres' perspective than giving up Cozens, and I kinda think the Sabres feel the same way -- although I don't know whether they would trade Reino for PLD.

I also think Reino has more value than Kotkie., although Suzuki is pretty close.

PLD value just took a hit with his play last night.  Also the COVID quarantine rules in Canada make a deal with a Canadian club harder. Having a guy sit for two weeks before he suits up this season is a big hurdle in a US to Canada team trade.

How much is PLD worth?  I’d give them Mitts, our first, and Eakin.  Cap has to be considered.  Getting a guy with an attitude problem regardless of talent doesn’t help value.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Not in the top 5 because we aren't willing to part w/ a guy like Cozens or b/c they aren't interested in him?

Edited by Thorny