2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

51 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Like he should.

I'd imaginI'me that a trade for either one of these guys would involve Reinhart and something extra.  Only way I think the cap space works out.

I'm hoping he offered up Skinner and and an add and salary reention for PLD.

49 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Cozens and more. For either I'd seriously consider doing it. And soon.

That's probably what they'd be looking for.  But I don't see a good way to balance the cap hit for Cozens without throwing in an anchor contract they they wouldn't have any interest in.  That's why my mind goes to Reinhart and a solid draft pick/prospect for either one, 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I would love Barkov or PLD, but 'm not trading Cozens or Eichel for either of those guys.  Cozens is going to be the fiery Jim Kelly who finally, by force of will, lifts this franchise out of its post-idiotic-tank loserdom.

As I've said before, I would trade Reino plus sweeteners for PLD in a heartbeat.

Cozens might also be one of the only players who can say living in Buffalo is milder then back home.....

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Maybe the convo should start with Eichel for Barkov and Spencer Knight? Or Dubois/Elvis/plus?

If you made either of those trades the Sabres ticket office phone system would crash from so many people calling to drop their season seats. Ed Johnston/Mad Mike level horrible ideas.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If you made either of those trades the Sabres ticket office phone system would crash from so many people calling to drop their season seats. Ed Johnston/Mad Mike level horrible ideas.

So if Eichel ends up wanting out, you think you're going to be easily getting that level of player in return?

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So if Eichel ends up wanting out, you think you're going to be easily getting that level of player in return?

Maybe instead of hiring a smooth talking flim flam artist as coach and a PSE crony as GM maybe hire actual credible people who've actually had NHL success so the team stops being an unmitigated disaster and Jack doesn't want to leave? Worth a shot no?

10 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Maybe instead of hiring a smooth talking flim flam artist as coach and a PSE crony as GM maybe hire actual credible people who've actually had NHL success so the team stops being an unmitigated disaster and Jack doesn't want to leave? Worth a shot no?

Probably too late tbh. 

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Two things.

1) flim flam, lol

2) Kevy had a pretty good offseason.

3) It was just one game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

I don't know if RK is a flim-flam artist.  However, I feel obligated to note that the actual, credible people advised the Pegulas that GMTM and GMJB were the best of the up-and-comers..  IMHO, the PSE crony had a more constructive off-season than either of the recommended people.

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I don't know if RK is a flim-flam artist.  However, I feel obligated to note that the actual, credible people advised the Pegulas that GMTM and GMJB were the best of the up-and-comers..  IMHO, the PSE crony had a more constructive off-season than either of the recommended people.

And they had never held GM positions, much less had any success as one. And Adams pretty much ensured another season of failure by failing to address the goaltending issue of having the single worst goalie in the league (yes, even worse than the bloated corpse of Corey Schneider).

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

And they had never held GM positions, much less had any success as one. And Adams pretty much ensured another season of failure by failing to address the goaltending issue of having the single worst goalie in the league (yes, even worse than the bloated corpse of Corey Schneider).

Fair enough.

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta believe that even if the Jeff Skinner-in-the-bottom-six functionally works, it'd be very tempting for Kevyn Adams to fish him out there just to rid his salary cap of a $9M bottom six player.

That said, I don't think they've given up on him yet, at all.  But Jeff would have to be working well in the top six or doing something downright magical in the bottom six to keep that target off his back.

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Sounds like Dubois could be going to Montreal (his 1st choice). Columbus wants Suzuki but Canadians don't really want to deal him and may try for a package deal including some picks

If I'm Adams, I'm topping any offer by Montreal. PLD is a package Buffalo needs, Center, Size, Tenaciousness and Skill. You acquire players like this, especially at 22 yrs of age, under team control, a bit raw, but very moldable with the right coaching staff. Foolish not to grab this guy imo.

21 hours ago, dudacek said:

Maybe the convo should start with Eichel for Barkov and Spencer Knight? Or Dubois/Elvis/plus?

This I don’t think you entertain trading Eichel until you have to.

I don’t think Dubois is so good that Eichel would be part of such a deal.  Also, Dubois is obviously a very good young player, but skill set wise, I don’t think he is a great fit with Eichel as 1/2 C.  He is not strong defensively or in the FO circle.  Obviously you don’t often get the chance to add such a good young player, so it’s difficult to be choosy, but if Cozens realizes much of his potential, his skill set is a much better compliment to Eichel.

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Reality Check: It's common knowledge that PLD wants out of Columbus so he can play in a big market. Does that sound like a guy who wants to come to Buffalo?

Source?  Who has said that PLD wants a big market?  If it’s commonly knowledge, it should be easy to find/provide.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Reality Check: It's common knowledge that PLD wants out of Columbus so he can play in a big market. Does that sound like a guy who wants to come to Buffalo?

News to me. I've only read that there is a rift between him and the coach, in not one of those reports from TSN, NBC, THN and other media outlets have I heard he wants to go to a bigger market.

What happened with the top of the 2016 draft class?

Matthews grew a pedaphile moustache, signed for a quick exit via UFA (the reverse Tavares for the Leafs).

Laine has been unhappy in Winnipeg for years and wants out.

Dubois wants out of Columbus.

Puuljujarvi has already sat out a year because he wanted out of Edmonton.