2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

To be fair, there shouldn't be anything wrong with openly speculating on trade ideas in a thread titled "trade rumors and speculation".  I'd imagine many of us spend time here in the off-season because we enjoy talking about moves the team could make or players we'd like them to target.

I don't have an issue with people posting rumors from less than credible sources, it can generate interesting discussion even if the rumor is bogus.  But I do think it would be beneficial to give a bit of a disclaimer if you're going to do that, just to separate the 'real' from the fake.

• Like (+1) 7

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Before posting a rumor or speculation… See if a credible long-standing writer, reporter, journalist, or blogger is saying the same rumor or speculation. If the answer is no then don’t post that garbage in a thread. I don’t know maybe it’s just me but I find that rule pretty simple to follow.

Its a trade rumors thread.  You're expectations are waaaayyyyy too high.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Shootica said:

To be fair, there shouldn't be anything wrong with openly speculating on trade ideas in a thread titled "trade rumors and speculation".  I'd imagine many of us spend time here in the off-season because we enjoy talking about moves the team could make or players we'd like them to target.

I don't have an issue with people posting rumors from less than credible sources, it can generate interesting discussion even if the rumor is bogus.  But I do think it would be beneficial to give a bit of a disclaimer if you're going to do that, just to separate the 'real' from the fake.

The fun part about talking about a highly speculative trade is that you are placing a value on the player you are offering and also the player you are trading for. How many different values have been assigned to Risto over the years in a speculative trade and to the targeted player in the receiving side? On this site there were numerous values place on Reinhart for an imaginary deal. That in itself is interesting. This is good bar talk at the keyboard without the imbibing and slurring of speech.   

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

So with training camp set to start the 31st, the NHL schedule being finalized, can we expect the Sabres to make an additional move via the trade market prior to the start of the season?

I hope so.  Our division is brutal.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2020 at 1:49 PM, Zamboni said:

Before posting a rumor or speculation… See if a credible long-standing writer, reporter, journalist, or blogger is saying the same rumor or speculation. If the answer is no then don’t post that garbage in a thread. I don’t know maybe it’s just me but I find that rule pretty simple to follow.

The no fun man anti holiday man is strong with you

• Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

So with training camp set to start the 31st, the NHL schedule being finalized, can we expect the Sabres to make an additional move via the trade market prior to the start of the season?

I think in the next week things will heat up. It really depends on when the cap compliance day is. Usually I think it is either 24 hours or maybe at noon or something like that the day of the season starting. Someone with more CBA knowledge will have to chime in, but there is a date teams have to be cap compliant and I bet in the 4-5 days leading to that we see a bunch of stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

You say that like it's a good thing.

What's bad about it? What's the harm? More than half of what is posted relates to opinions as opposed to facts. And without a doubt some of the opinions are bat shiiit crazy. Being introduced to crazy shiiit doesn't hurt you unless you allow it. And if that is the case then you got bigger issues to contend with.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2020 at 11:49 AM, Zamboni said:

I just hopped over here from the Communist HFBoards....I hope no one here thinks Eklund is a legitimate source 😄

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LaPerreausek said:

I just hopped over here from the Communist HFBoards....I hope no one here thinks Eklund is a legitimate source 😄

56 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What's wrong with Eklund?  (Kidding.)  Nice user name.

Agree on the User Name.  Should Eichel & Dahlin continue to head towards their draft day potential, might have to add a 1st name of Rasack to go with the last name to keep all the top Sabres involved.  Maybe even Tayrasack, should Hall re-sign and stay elite a few more years.

Welcome.  🍺

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

He's in Texas.  There are no protocols.

Texas was very cavalier about the virus until it started spiraling out of control. So the hard core resistant governor and his political cohorts out of fear had to change course. So even Texas has mask mandates. So if one doesn't want to be a Texas scofflaw just follow the protocol. ☠️

Mask Laws - COVID-19 & Texas Law - Guides at Texas State Law Library

7 hours ago, LaPerreausek said:

Hey welcome! You’ll find that “legitimate” source is used very loosely here or avoided altogether. Or you see a lot of “is this a legitimate source?”  😂 

I kid I kid 

And Harrington still has clout in these parts.
But seriously, welcome 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LaPerreausek said:

First, welcome to SabreSpace.

Second, no, none of use think Eklund is legitimate.

• Like (+1) 1