2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hmm I wonder if we could get Dunn from StL. We do need an LHD

Dunn for Mittelstadt has gotten some interest from both sides.  My gut tells me we'd have to throw in a small add, but that base could work.

Man, I really wish Boston had re-signed Krug or traded for OEL and made Grzelcyk available.  I'd love to have him at the price he just re-signed for.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Fix the goal tending.  Get Raanta from Arizona and move on.  Trade Hutton and his expiring as part of the deal.  

I don't think Arizona wants Hutton.  They have Adin Hill ready to come up and be their backup goalie next season, and they're trying to clear salary off that roster.

So realistically, we'd be trading for Raanta and burying Hutton in Rochester for the $1.075M cap savings.  That would be a net cap increase of $3.175M that would likely have to be accounted for by moving someone else.

3 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Fix the goal tending.  Get Raanta from Arizona and move on.  Trade Hutton and his expiring as part of the deal.  

It's the one move I think we need before I can begin contemplating venturing into the murky waters of predicting a playoff berth. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, Shootica said:

Dunn for Mittelstadt has gotten some interest from both sides.  My gut tells me we'd have to throw in a small add, but that base could work.

Man, I really wish Boston had re-signed Krug or traded for OEL and made Grzelcyk available.  I'd love to have him at the price he just re-signed for.

What is the bolded based on?

Totally agree on Grzelcyk.  

On 10/18/2020 at 12:13 PM, Thorny said:

It's the one move I think we need before I can begin contemplating venturing into the murky waters of predicting a playoff berth. 

With the cap questions, and health questions, you should be able to poach Raanta.  I've looked at countless other near 1B options and he is simply the best fit.  Make it happen!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

So who does your source say we are moving to Chicago for a disgruntled Patrick Kane?😜

I saw an article on I believe Fansided(?) That discussed this. I think they suggested it would take Mitts, our 1st on '21, and Montour. They also said CHI might retain some salary.

They said it could work with/without retaining salary.

I have my doubts.

53 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I saw an article on I believe Fansided(?) That discussed this. I think they suggested it would take Mitts, our 1st on '21, and Montour. They also said CHI might retain some salary.

They said it could work with/without retaining salary.

I have my doubts.

And just because he was squirted out in Buffalo, doesn’t necessarily mean that Kane wants to come back home and play for the Buffalo Sabres. It’s assuming an awful lot that Kane definitely without a doubt without question wants to play here. I’m not saying he doesn’t… But I think it’s dumb to assume he definitely does just because he has family and friends here. 

Kane has a 10.5m cap hit, ain’t nobody got time for that. Though Chicago is a team we should take a hard look at for assets.

Heard on Instigators today that their organization sent out a letter to season ticket holders that they’re essentially rebuilding. 

• Like (+1) 1