2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

27 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Looking at Buffalo's D situation on capfriendly.

Is Borgen ready yet? What about Fitzgerald.

Also, does Pilut get a shot at a full time LD position?

Looks like the Sabres have some options to move a couple of D and at least 1 forward and still have some depth, no?

Isn’t Pilut gone? I know he signed a contract in the KHL but do we still keep his rights? I was always confused on how that works

Edited by Cal Naughton Jr

47 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Looking at Buffalo's D situation on capfriendly.

Is Borgen ready yet? What about Fitzgerald.

Also, does Pilut get a shot at a full time LD position?

Looks like the Sabres have some options to move a couple of D and at least 1 forward and still have some depth, no?

Pilut is in the KHL until further notice.

Borgen is ready for a look I would think, but he has 4 NHL RD ahead of him.

Fitzgerald, IDK, but I doubt he is ready.

10 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Source said talks with Calgary are heating up again- not the same trade, but one that would bring in a top 6 forward, and a goalie.

Top six forward? Not that we can't use good players, but with Staal and Hall coming in, that seems almost redundant.

If one's coming in, there likely is another going out. If so, that has to be Sam.

The goalie has to be Rittich. They just signed Markstrom and Domingue.

Flames do need an RD

Edited by dudacek

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Top six forward? Not that we can't use good players, but with Staal and Hall coming in, that seems almost redundant.

If one's coming in, there likely is another going out. If so, that has to be Sam.

The goalie has to be Rittich. They just signed Markstrom and Domingue.

Flames do need an RD

Thinking about Sam. I would think if he's going out I hope that means Hall is more than one year. If we're not extending Hall then I hate not keeping Rinehart.

Interesting.  Hutton and Rittich both have 1 year left at $2.75MM.  Rittich is probably better than Hutton, but he's clearly a notch below MAF and the AZ goalies.

Gaudreau has 2 years left at $6.75MM.

So maybe Reino and Hutton for Gaudreau and Rittich?

I could see the Sabres doing that deal.  Gaudreau is better, faster and more productive than Reino, and there are a number of reasons -- primarily a desire to retain the flexibility to sign Hall to an extension -- that the Sabres might not want to give Reino a long-term extension.

I could also see Risto or Montour as the primary Sabres asset going to Calgary, but this seems less likely, as Montour is only under contract for 1 more year and isn't as good an asset as Reino is.  The Sabres would need to include some sweeteners -- maybe Borgen and Mittlestadt?

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Source said talks with Calgary are heating up again- not the same trade, but one that would bring in a top 6 forward, and a goalie.

I gotta be honest, I'm scared about this.

I think we're currently fine at forward. Swapping Reinhart for Gaudreau (educated guess, but I bet I'm right), is not a good idea.

Just now, dudacek said:

That would be a coup. Like a make us a contender coup.

Can't believe they'd want to move on from Lindholm at that contract.

Agreed. Elias Lindholm was someone I figured impossible. If Calgary wants to make a tone-change to the entire locker room, Gaudreau is clearly the guy going out. Monahan isn't far behind, but Monahan also no longer makes sense for us.