2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I am anticipating some trades by the Sabres between now and Friday.

Given the Eichel frustration, the Botterill / Adams turnover, the covid unknowns and possibility of the rumored internal cap, I can see movement coming.

Could you throw out some names? You won't be held to account for your speculation. I need more food on my platter because I'm starving. 

• Like (+1) 2

My source, ( thats the voice inside my head ) has been hinting at something big. He says half the board will love it and the other half will want to claw their eyes out. Most likely a west coast team. Beyond the mountains. Static. Damn you. All I’m getting is static. I’ll keep you informed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Could you throw out some names? You won't be held to account for your speculation. I need more food on my platter because I'm starving. 

My guess is one of the RHD's, Miller or Risto. Both Borgen and Fitzgerald are 23, with cost control due to Covid appearing to be in play I can see Borgen ready to come up.

McCabe is another one I can see getting moved. LHD, but just a bunch.

As for forwards, slim pickings, Asplund, maybe another.

That's really all I got.

4 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I am anticipating some trades by the Sabres between now and Friday.

Given the Eichel frustration, the Botterill / Adams turnover, the covid unknowns and possibility of the rumored internal cap, I can see movement coming.

Sure would make sense.  Then again having 400 defence and lack of forwards last offseason gave me similar thinking.  With this franchise I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's the Athletic on Hoffman:  https://theathletic.com/1786155/2020/10/08/top-20-nhl-ufas-analysis-projections-and-thoughts-on-the-class-of-2020/

Do you want to pay over $6 million per year for the next five years for an empty calorie goal-scorer who will be 31 when the next season begins? Then step right up for the chance to sign Mike Hoffman who will probably score a lot of goals without actually helping much.

For the past two seasons Hoffman has proven to be a 35-goal, 35-assist talent – but how much does that matter when the opposing team earns 55 percent of the goals and expected goals? He’s a great power-play weapon, don’t get me wrong, but at 5-on-5 he’s a major liability despite the production and at 30 he’s only going to decline further. His value has dropped in three straight seasons already.

yeeeeeessshhh.

• Like (+1) 2

Former Sabres prospect Cliff Pu was acquired by Columbus from Florida. I really thought he was going to be a significant contributor for the Sabres based on his OHL play, but after he was traded to Carolina he just faded to the point he was playing in the ECHL.

37 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Not interested 

Especially to help the pursue Pietrangelo

You have to stop thinking this way. If AP wants to go to Toronto he will sign with them. If the Sabres have a chance to improve their team by grabbing a 3C in Kerfoot and/or Andersen for a year while removing the logjam at Defense, make the deal. 

Someone will take good players at low cost from the Leafs after they sign AP. Now if the Sabres stand pat, while both the Leafs and the other team get better what’s the point? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

You have to stop thinking this way. If AP wants to go to Toronto he will sign with them. If the Sabres have a chance to improve their team by grabbing a 3C in Kerfoot and/or Andersen for a year while removing the logjam at Defense, make the deal. 

Someone will take good players at low cost from the Leafs after they sign AP. Now if the Sabres stand pat, while both the Leafs and the other team get better what’s the point? 

How about we take Andersen and Robertson and they can take Montour... how about that?

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I'd rather that happen due to it being more difficult for them to pull off; anything that helps a division rival, especially the Leafs, is a major no no as they gain far more than we would.