2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

21 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Let me ask you all though: Let's say Pegula sets a budget and things will be rough for a couple of years. If so, this team probably can't truly compete next 2-3 years and Eichel and Dahlin will be wasted.

What IF the Sabres blew it up completely, and say, got the top pick this year for the Rangers for Lafrienere involving Eichel? And Dahlin would get back a TON. Imagine how Adams can reshape their roster top to bottom and the system and truly put this franchise where it needs to be while the budget issues go away after 2 years or so.

I cringe as I type this, but at this point, why not?

If you blew up the team for picks and young players odds are you would be at a worse situation in a couple years because it would be extremely difficult to match the current elite players in Eichel and Dahlin to build around. To put it bluntly: Perish the thought. 👽

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Given the winger and 2nd line situation with regards to the Sabres (actually the overall forward scenario, but I figure I'd be specific), would goalie be considered a core target of the Sabres? Just spifballin' some thoughts is all.

Reports are that Sabres have been looking into the goalie market pretty heavily.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

God I hope Sabres don’t go after Lundqvist...

Maybe not as a player eventhough he would be a great mentor as a backup, i would go for him if he decides to put his career to an end as a goalie. I think Henrik would be a great addition as a assistant goalie coach or something like that. 

I would also sigh him if cheap as a backup. Send hutton to whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2020 at 4:33 PM, bunomatic said:

The hockey news is now reporting that the Bruins are in communication with the Sabres. Bob ! Go to your room! Now buster !

Debrusk and Rask’s names are out there and apparently Adams likes Matt Gryzlek. Maybe Bruins are trying to move salary to bring Krug back.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Debrusk and Rask’s names are out there and apparently Adams likes Matt Gryzlek. Maybe Bruins are trying to move salary to bring Krug back.

Gryzlek is an undersized LD due a raise this year from the 1.4MM AAV from last season.  He could fit into the role we wanted Pilut to play.  Both McCabe and Dahlin are big bodies so he makes sense.  And if there is an internal cap we could give him a 3-4 year backloaded contract to minimize actual salary paid in 2020-2021

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Sooooo... I realized that the 1st round of the draft is a mere 5 days away, with free agency 3 days after that.

Stuff's gonna start happening.

I'm optimistic.

Listening to Friedman on the Instigators you wouldn’t think so.

Two weeks in a row, when asked about what the Sabres are up to, he has given off a weird phoney vibe, like his answers are completely canned. I’m not sure if he thinks the Sabres are up to nothing and doesn’t want to say that, or if he has no idea what they are up to and doesn’t want to say that.

He’s repeated the goaltender thing and says they might be interested in a winger (duh) and gave vague generalities when asked directly about Reinhart.

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Two weeks in a row, when asked about what the Sabres are up to, he has given off a weird phoney vibe, like his answers are completely canned. I’m not sure if he thinks the Sabres are up to nothing and doesn’t want to say that, or if he has no idea what they are up to and doesn’t want to say that.

He’s repeated the goaltender thing and says they might be interested in a winger (duh) and gave vague generalities when asked directly about Reinhart.

Maybe he doesn't know too much due to the smaller staff size having fewer leaks?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I like Friedman alright and I don't think he peddles BS, but I'm not a big fan of his.  I find him pretty long-winded and I think he definitely provides vague responses when he doesn't have any specific info instead of admitting a lack of knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1

Trade any of the following -  The defense has holes, the only defenders I would definitely keep are Dahlin, Jokiharju

Carter Hutton, G

Brandon Montour, RHD

Colin Miller, RHD

Jake McCabe, LHD

Rasmus Ristolainen, RHD

Kyle Okposo, RW

Tage Thompson, RW

Zemgus Girgensons, LW

Thank god their going for real - 

Sobotka, Hunwick, Frolik, Vesey

Depending on the market (maybe re-sign) -

Wayne Simmonds, RW