2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

***** Phil Kessel!  He offers little to nothing.  His goal scoring was non-existent once he left Malkin's security.  He's overrated, overpaid and isn't someone that even gives his all in the offseason.   But, who knows with Buffalo any terrible decision is possible.  (See:  Kim Pegula as president of hockey ops.)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

But, who knows with Buffalo any terrible decision is possible.  (See:  Kim Pegula as president of hockey ops.)

She is not President of Hockey Operations.  She is Owner/President. It’s a different title.  Many NHL teams have a non hockey person as team President.  The Pegulas do enough questionable things to complain that we don’t need to invent grievances where there are none.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

Saad can and has played right wing. More than just a cap dump, but he shouldn't cost much since the market for $6.5 million salary $6 million cap hit 20 goal scorers ain't big.

He fits the big body veteran forward Jack and Ralph were talking about to a "T"

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Saad can and has played right wing. More than just a cap dump, but he shouldn't cost much since the market for $6.5 million salary $6 million cap hit 20 goal scorers ain't big.

He fits the big body veteran forward Jack and Ralph were talking about to a "T"

From a player standpoint he would be a good addition but from a salary and cap standpoint I'm not sure you will be getting enough bang for the buck. However, in order to make this deal or a similar deal to work we wouldn't have to trade away an equal salary away so much as shed a contract that will somewhat offset this relatively high cost player.

What is encouraging is that it seems as if the brain trust is trying to reshape the roster by bringing in tougher players i.e. perimeter and finesse players are not wanted. And what is also encouraging is that in this market there are teams that will be forced to put up for sale good players in order to manage their cap and salary structure. There are options to select from. 

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video/saads-best-of-2019-20/t-277437096/c-5416567

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video/saad-on-offseason-plans/t-277437096/c-5409604

Edited by JohnC

Saad does have a NTC with a 10 team trade list, for what it's worth.

Although I could see him as someone who they could convince to come over for a year.  He's a Pittsburgh guy and from the sounds of that video still lives there in the off-season, so maybe Krueger/Adams could pull on the 'close to home' strings.

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Skinner-Eichel-Saad

Olofsson-Staal-Reinhart 

Kahun-Cozens-UFA (Fast please)

That’s a much better looking Top 9. 

They could even swap VO and Kahun

I'm going to fix this for you.....

Skinner-Jack-Sam

Saad-Staal-Tage

Olofsson-Kahun-Cozens

If they pick up Saad's contract, they're going to play Tage and Cozens to balance salary, they ease Cozens in at 3C with Kahun as temporary cover. Tage is ready for the NHL IMO and playing with 2 vets gives him some cover. That's still a major upgrade in our top 9 over last year. I don't think if they can get Saad they'll be able to afford a UFA at RW and you'll have speed to spare on that 3rd line. Filling that 4th line will be interesting with KO and whomever. And I agree with the GAS man, if they can sign Vesey cheap, he's the new LW on that 4th line with Girgs as the 4C if they lose Larsson.

Edited by jsb

1 hour ago, jsb said:

I'm going to fix this for you.....

Skinner-Jack-Sam

Saad-Staal-Tage

Olofsson-Kahun-Cozens

If they pick up Saad's contract, they're going to play Tage and Cozens to balance salary, they ease Cozens in at 3C with Kahun as temporary cover. Tage is ready for the NHL IMO and playing with 2 vets gives him some cover. That's still a major upgrade in our top 9 over last year. I don't think if they can get Saad they'll be able to afford a UFA at RW and you'll have speed to spare on that 3rd line. Filling that 4th line will be interesting with KO and whomever. And I agree with the GAS man, if they can sign Vesey cheap, he's the new LW on that 4th line with Girgs as the 4C if they lose Larsson.

I'd rather have a roster with Fast and Copp than Saad and Thompson. 

Brawndo's Fast and Saad could work, too. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

With Staal here for at least this upcoming season, I would definitely love to get Copp in to lessen the strain on Cozens that much more.  Copp, also has been used as a somewhat useful RW option as well.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's time you start giving some love to Tage, IMO he's going to arrive this year.

image.thumb.png.1a19aba1ebaa877334d926639269118c.png

Edited by jsb