2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Fleury and Stastny aren't an appealing package to me, but if you added Tuch and they took Hutton...not sure what we'd have to add.

Fleury, Stastny and Tuch for Hutton and Pietrangelo would have to have some interest to Vegas given the huge cap clear, but I'm sure they'd want a young forward in there too.

Yeah, you can't do both. 

Personally, I don't have much interest in Fleury.  36 years old, coming off an underwhelming season by the numbers, at a huge cap hit.  Internal cap aside, having a spare 7.5 million on our books next year hurts a whole lot more than an extra 6.5 this year.  He'd make a good 1B, but he's way too expensive.  There will be better options available for cheaper.

Stastny and Tuch is the ideal off-season trade package for me.  2C to cover for a year with the expectation of Cozens taking that role from there, and a long-term top 6 RW that has the truculence this team lacks.  I know that's a cliche Brian Burke term, but it's true on this roster.

Vegas objectively does not need to trade Tuch.  That changes, however, if they bring in Pietrangelo.

Edited by Shootica
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Stastny and Tuch is the ideal off-season trade package for me.  2C to cover for a year with the expectation of Cozens taking that role from there, and a long-term top 6 RW that has the truculence this team lacks.  I know that's a cliche Brian Burke term, but it's true on this roster.

Vegas objectively does not need to trade Tuch.  That changes, however, if they bring in Pietrangelo.

Is Tuch really truculent?  Is he actually a physical, gritty, grinding, intimidating player?  Or is he just tall?

Honest question.  I don’t see Vegas play much, past my bedtime.

He delivers about 1 hit per game, but so does Tage Thompson, and his PIMs don’t paint the picture of an intimidating player.  Guess how many he had this season........8.  Guess how many last season.........8 again.  Leaves me skeptical.

Edited by Curt

49 minutes ago, Curt said:

Is Tuch really truculent?  Is he actually a physical, gritty, grinding, intimidating player?  Or is he just tall?

He delivers about 1 hit per game, but so does Tage Thompson, and his PIMs don’t paint the picture of an intimidating player.  Guess how many he had this season........8.  Guess how many last season.........8 again.  Leaves me skeptical.

He's earned a little bit of a reputation in these playoffs.  There was a slew-foot in one of the Dallas games (no suspension) and I think there was some stuff in one of the earlier series, too.

Edited by Eleven

58 minutes ago, Curt said:

He ain't a fighter and isn't going to run all over the ice hitting everything that moves, but he's strong in the corners and not afraid to throw his weight around.

No need to take a Stastny cap dump now, Staal fits that bill perfectly. 😁

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I generally trust Pierre's information, but of all the "Insiders" he is the one who most obviously trades favours.

I think they all do at some point.  They have to in order to get other inside information later. Do a favor here, get a favor there... sorry favour. 🙂

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I guess we can close this thread.

And with the addition of the Eric of Staals, all trades and rumors pertaining to said were hereby banished from the Space of the Sabres. 

Now let's all enjoy a nice, cool glass of turnip juice. 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

And with the addition of the Eric of Staals, all trades and rumors pertaining to said were hereby banished from the Space of the Sabres. 

Now let's all enjoy a nice, cool glass of turnip juice. 

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Why?  The '19-'20 season that refused to end still has 2-3 more weeks to it.

LOL, I posted my comment in the wrong thread.  I meant to place it in the Adams doing nothing thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Freddie Andersen from Toronto has a 1mil salary for next season. Would improve the GT. 

Good call.

Friedman on WGR this morning said the Sabres are looking for a goalie — ideally in a similar trade like Staal, where we can improve the team and save money.

That fits. Leafs need RHD. Montour?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Good call.

Friedman on WGR this morning said the Sabres are looking for a goalie — ideally in a similar trade like Staal, where we can improve the team and save money.

That fits. Leafs need RHD. Montour?

You might be able to toss them a 2nd round pick next year, they want to clear cap but I never have a good understanding of the goalie market. Prices may vary. 

I read that in an article on the Athletic but capfriendly doesn't list Andersen's salary as only being 1mil. Interesting. 

Oh I see... Anderson's salary and cap is 5mil but he had a 4million dollar bonus that has already been paid so it costs 5mil in cap but you only owe him 1mil left in real money. 

Wonder if you could do Carter Hutton and a pick for Andersen as that clears roughly 2.5 mil in cap for Toronto. 

Edited by LGR4GM

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

No interest in helping Toronto in any way. Especially if it gave them a better shot at Pieterangelo

They'd need to do a whole lot more than move Andersen to clear the space for Pietrangelo.

Truthfully, the only way Pietrangelo makes sense for Toronto is if they move Marner or Nylander without getting any salary back.  And even then, it doesn't help their topheavyness problem.

I would not be a-tall surprised to see the Sabres trade for Andersen.  With only 1 year left on his contract and plenty of goalies on the market, he won't cost much to acquire, his cash hit is very low, as is the commitment the Sabres would be buying into, and he's a legit NHL goalie who can be either 1A or 1B with Ullmark.  Most importantly, it sounds like KA understands the urgent need to upgrade in net -- yet another departure from his bozo predecessor.

I would not expect the Leafs to want Risto or Montour coming back, though, as I think the Leafs' main objective is to clear cap space.

The Sabres might be able to scoop him up for a mid-round pick or decent prospect.  Then we'd be looking at 2 major upgrades, at their 2 biggest positions of need, accomplished without parting with any significant assets.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Shootica said:

They'd need to do a whole lot more than move Andersen to clear the space for Pietrangelo.

Truthfully, the only way Pietrangelo makes sense for Toronto is if they move Marner or Nylander without getting any salary back.  And even then, it doesn't help their topheavyness problem.

Anderson is $5M, Kerfoot ( agent says he's not re-signing) $1.6M, and if they trade Johnsson ($3.5M) there should be plenty for Pietrangelo.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

10 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Anderson is $5M, Kerfoot ( agent says he's not re-signing) $1.6M, and if they trade Johnsson ($3.5M) there should be plenty for Pietrangelo.

They'd still have to replace those players in their lineup.  Unless they make a splash for Demko, they're going to be spending 3-4M at least for a decent starting goalie.

• Like (+1) 1