2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

27 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Is he anything more than a marginal upgrade on Sam?

Trading one top 6 player and our precious trading assets for a broadly comparable one doesnt help our lack of depth in the top 6. Or our lack of 2C (Lindholm is C/RW like Sam)

I agree about wanting to add if at all possible by trading from anywhere other than our very thin pool of top 6 players. From what I know though Lindholm has actually played C more recently? He seems to be spoken of as a centre option fairly often, but I could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d first offer 8 for Cirelli

How--wait.

How ?

I can't do this.  Hang on a second.

How did this reasonable trade proposal that didn't involve like Tage Thompson for Cirelli straight up COME FROM YOU?

I did it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

You wound me 🙂

Can I unwind you?

Someone please unbind Chewbacca.  I hope we don't need to send a droid to some remote planet for this.  @DarthEbriate, can you help?

This is as Star Wars as I can get.  I'm almost sick already.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ducky said:

Too much and the compensation is more.

Tell you what though, you offer 8 for Cirelli and I'll offer Cernak something like 3 x 3.25m.

8 too much for Cirelli? Nah

- - - 

Absolute face-palm - 

Edited by Thorny

When someone types "8" I immediately think 8th pick overall since it's a Sabres staple, every year. My bad. 

Are you interested in our 8th overall from next season Ducky or the season after? What would you be willing to part with for two 8 overall picks?

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Thorny said:

When someone types "8" I immediately think 8th pick overall since it's a Sabres staple, every year. My bad. 

Are you interested in our 8th overall from next season Ducky or the season after? What would you be willing to part with for two 8 overall picks?

That's how I had read it.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Vegas is a really interesting option for Pietro.  They could very realistically make it work by moving Fleury and Stastny.

And again, I think Stastny would be an excellent option for a cheap stopgap 2C.

Fleury and Stastny aren't an appealing package to me, but if you added Tuch and they took Hutton...not sure what we'd have to add.

Fleury, Stastny and Tuch for Hutton and Pietrangelo would have to have some interest to Vegas given the huge cap clear, but I'm sure they'd want a young forward in there too.

Gotta love the media being the shills for players or organizations..

who's angle is he working here.. Pietrangelo, Blues, Leafs or Knights?  Guaranteed he's floating that for someone's benefit to circumnavigate NHL policies.

19 hours ago, Eleven said:

Can I unwind you?

Someone please unbind Chewbacca.  I hope we don't need to send a droid to some remote planet for this.  @DarthEbriate, can you help?

This is as Star Wars as I can get.  I'm almost sick already.

11 the Hutt: At last we have the mighty @thewookie1's trade request for Cirelli.
Threepio: The illustrious @Eleven bids you welcome and will gladly pay you the reward of Cirelli and a 2021 lottery-protected 1st... for 8th overall, Cozens, Joker, and a conditional 3rd/4th.
Wookie1: I will give you 8th overall. No more.
<11 the Hutt goes into a rage>
Threepio: What did I say? The mighty Eleven asks why he must trade you Cirelli.
Wookie1 holds up a cap hit list.
Threepio: Because he’s holding a Salary Cap Detonator!
11 the Hutt: Whoa-ho-ho! Ah-ha-ha! This proposal is my kind of scum.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, LTS said:

Gotta love the media being the shills for players or organizations..

who's angle is he working here.. Pietrangelo, Blues, Leafs or Knights?  Guaranteed he's floating that for someone's benefit to circumnavigate NHL policies.

I generally trust Pierre's information, but of all the "Insiders" he is the one who most obviously trades favours.