2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Looking at their roster and cap situation, I think they are a natural trade partner. I think pieces like Montour, Risto, Mittelstadt, Cozens, Reinhart, UPL, and #8 all should be of interest to the Flames.

That the guy who said ‘no’ when Burke was interested?

Yes sir 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm sure they'd like Montour, and love Jokiharju. I'd trade Cozens for Lindholm/Monahan

I don't want them to have Joki. We finally have decent defense (which if we had had with ROR would have been great). 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Neither do I but you have to give to get

Joki for me is on the DNT list. He is in the process of becoming our best RHD. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lindholm, Monahan, Bennett

For

Reinhart, Cozens, Mitts, Montour/Miller

I would switch out Cozens for a pick. Maybe our 1st next year, top 5 protected. 

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jokiharju for Lindholm is fair, but it weakens the RHD Corps significantly. Lindholm could be the 2C for next year then move into a Top Six RW Position if Cozens is ready to take over. 

I would rather trade Montour though 

Wed have to add significantly to get Lindholm 

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What about Montour, Mitts, and something?

It depends on their view of Mitts really. That's a lot closer if they want to blow it up, get younger, and think he's a top 6 C soon. If they feel like I do about him that doesn't come close. Lindholm is a 30 goal scoring (29, with 12 games left before covid hit) center/wing that plays good defense. Really expensive in today's NHL

I wouldn't do the Cozens/Reinhart trade i mentioned above because I'm sorta lukewarm on Monahan.i think it's on the same order of magnitude value wise and just posted it for fun 

Edited by Randall Flagg

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It depends on their view of Mitts really. That's a lot closer if they want to blow it up, get younger, and think he's a top 6 C soon. If they feel like I do about him that doesn't come close. Lindholm is a 30 goal scoring (29, with 12 games left before covid hit) center/wing that plays good defense. Really expensive in today's NHL

I wouldn't do the Cozens/Reinhart trade i mentioned above because I'm sorta lukewarm on Monahan.i think it's on the same order of magnitude value wise and just posted it for fun 

Maybe Lindholm and Skinner was a better offer for ROR than the St Louis Deal. 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Looking at their roster and cap situation, I think they are a natural trade partner. I think pieces like Montour, Risto, Mittelstadt, Cozens, Reinhart, UPL, and #8 all should be of interest to the Flames. Joki and Miller as well, even McCabe.

That the guy who said ‘no’ when Burke was interested?

Please take Joki and Cozens off of the list. There are going to be a number of desirable players on the market. So the Sabres will have options as to not only who they might acquire but also who they will have to deal in order to make the acquisitions. I'm very open to trading our #1 pick; I'm not open to trading the two aforementioned players.  

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

A mid round pick going to Carolina as well 3rd or 4th if the bonus was paid of course. 

I cant remember if I knew this or not but I trust you. I would have resigned if Terry didnt let me execute this trade because of a bonus. Did Jason try to explain the difference in outcome these trades would have ?

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I cant remember if I knew this or not but I trust you. I would have resigned if Terry didnt let me execute this trade because of a bonus. Did Jason try to explain the difference in outcome these trades would have ?

And that’s the $69,000 question and I believe JBOT’s great failing although maybe partially attributable to his inexperience and it being his first gig. I’ve been told close to the same thing as Brawndo with a minor detail or two different.

TPEGS was furious with ROR but he can be reasoned with as long as transgression doesn’t involve Kim. He could have been talked down. A good manager could have easily explained how the numbers worked. A good manager could probably even convinced that sending ROR to Carolina was some kind of punishment although it really wouldn’t have been.

Just to clarify, ROR’s presser was not what infuriated TPEGS although it may have been the tipping point.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

And that’s the $69,000 question and I believe JBOT’s great failing although maybe partially attributable to his inexperience and it being his first gig. I’ve been told close to the same thing as Brawndo with a minor detail or two different.

TPEGS was furious with ROR but he can be reasoned with as long as transgression doesn’t involve Kim. He could have been talked down. A good manager could have easily explained how the numbers worked. A good manager could probably even convinced that sending ROR to Carolina was some kind of punishment although it really wouldn’t have been.

Just to clarify, ROR’s presser was not what infuriated TPEGS although it may have been the tipping point.

Appreciated. Furious about the Tim Hortons thing, or those whispers about heavy drinking or whatever? I hope Terry felt burned by the ensuing spring and doesn't do anything like that again 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Please take Joki and Cozens off of the list. There are going to be a number of desirable players on the market. So the Sabres will have options as to not only who they might acquire but also who they will have to deal in order to make the acquisitions. I'm very open to trading our #1 pick; I'm not open to trading the two aforementioned players.  

I feel like I’m the only one that doesn’t see Joki as untouchable.  I don’t WANT to move him, but you have to give value to get value, and I don’t see Joki as one of those guys whose value to the team makes him off the move for a legit 2C list.

For that matter, the only D I put on the do not trade list for a 2C is Dahlin.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I can agree that maybe Botterill could have done more.  He certainly should have tried.  We don’t know to what extent he did.

However, I can’t put more blame on Botterill for not managing up better than blame I give Terry for making horrible, emotion based, illogical, dumb decisions.

10 minutes ago, Weave said:

I feel like I’m the only one that doesn’t see Joki as untouchable.  I don’t WANT to move him, but you have to give value to get value, and I don’t see Joki as one of those guys whose value to the team makes him off the move for a legit 2C list.

The only player on this whole team that is untouchable is Jack. I'd even trade Dahlin for the right return. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I respectfully but strenuously disagree with you about Joki. My opinion of him is off the charts. He is one of the most poised and consistent young defensemen that I have seen in a long time. He is smart and knows what his abilities are and doesn't stray beyond them. What impresses me the most is about him beyond his smooth skating is his intelligence on the ice. He rarely makes a wrong decision when he has the puck. (If Risto had his smarts he would be an all star.) Don't get caught up with a player being able to make dazzling plays and muscular hits. That's not who he is. This young guy is already a second pairing caliber of defenseman and quite possibly the most consistent defender on the unit. When Botterill traded Nylander to get him the GM should have been charged with felonious theft. In my unyielding view he is a no touch player!

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

I can agree that maybe Botterill could have done more.  He certainly should have tried.  We don’t know to what extent he did.

However, I can’t put more blame on Botterill for not managing up better than blame I give Terry for making horrible, emotion based, illogical, dumb decisions.

History lesson: in the early 90's a young Yankees prospect drew the ire of George Steinbrerner and he ordered his GM (Gene Michael) to trade him ASAP. Stick told him he would not do so because it would be a terrible mistake, and eventually he talked The Boss out of it. Good thing for the Yankees he did because you know who that kid was?

Bernie Williams.

Botts needed to do what Stick did but he bottled it and as a result will live in infamy.