2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

48 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Supposedly they are looking for a Young Cost Controlled RHD with Top Pairing Potential. 

Jokiharju is the only asset they have that fits the Bill. 

Could Montour not be considered cost controlled as a RFA?  Are they looking only for guys on their ELCs?

The top-pair thing is relative.  Benning  apparently thought Myers could be, so...........

I’m not sure I trade 8 for Boeser straight across. I’d trade Jokiharju and sweetener in a heartbeat.

He’s no Thomas Vanek. He’s better than Olofsson, but he is a similar player with a similar game and similar strengths and weaknesses.

He’d sure light things up with Jack though.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

What do the Sabres need to add to pick 8 to get him?

I would not give them #8 for him.  I agree with @thewookie1 that #8 should be used at the draft, unless it is used to help bring in a legit 2C.  To be clear, it would take a lot more than #8 to get a legit 2C, but that is the only thing I'd give #8 for.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I can't tell for sure, but our friend may still be joking around?

No, I was definitively joking about the Eichel talk. But was serious about Skinner and forgot about his NTC. Other than that, he’s a good asset, but apparently doesn’t seem to be in our plans. 

12 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Nucks are trying to create salary cap room. How would this help them with that?

I’m not quite sure why the Canucks are trying to dump BB. They certainly have other people they could dump, but maybe he’s the only one that would net them decent assets in return. But, yes, they have cap problems. So basically they are looking for draft picks and/or prospects? The only thing we have in this department is #8. 

If we cant get a stud center with a pile of assets this summer, I'd move a pile of assets for Boeser and then small assets for a Stepan or Henrique.

Skinner - Eichel - Boeser

Olofsson - Stepan - Reinhart 

Johansson - Kahun - Cozens

Would be a good hockey team 

Canucks fans I've read are pissed all the NTCs and cap space have gone go crappy roster filler 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, kas23 said:

No, I was definitively joking about the Eichel talk. But was serious about Skinner and forgot about his NTC. Other than that, he’s a good asset, but apparently doesn’t seem to be in our plans. 

Skinner is in the plans going forward.  RaKru, just needs to realize where he is best used and keep him there.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

23 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Skinner is in the plans going forward.  RaKru, just needs to realize where he is best used and keep him there.

Well he had almost a full year to figure out how to utilize him best, and failed miserably.  Not sure I have faith, next year and beyond, will be any different...while they continue to co-exist.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I would not give them #8 for him.  I agree with @thewookie1 that #8 should be used at the draft, unless it is used to help bring in a legit 2C.  To be clear, it would take a lot more than #8 to get a legit 2C, but that is the only thing I'd give #8 for.

I am sick of the Sabres using draft picks with fifty percent results.   Trade it to some dumber team, if there is one

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

I’m not quite sure why the Canucks are trying to dump BB. They certainly have other people they could dump, but maybe he’s the only one that would net them decent assets in return. But, yes, they have cap problems. So basically they are looking for draft picks and/or prospects? The only thing we have in this department is #8. 

Basically, they can only afford 2 of Petterson, Hughes, and Boeser. The other attractive/costly players on their team are unmovable. 

This makes BB the odd man out. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is relevant to my interests.  May I, sir, subscribe to this newsletter?

shut up and take my money GIF

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Would be a good hockey team 

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart

Olofsson - Cirelli - Boeser 

Johansson - Cozens - Kahun

?

39 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I am sick of the Sabres using draft picks with fifty percent results.   Trade it to some dumber team, if there is one

I agree that the pick should be traded, but not for BB.  In a package for a legit 2C ... yes, but if not that then make a pick at #8.  This draft is deep enough that there should be a player there.

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Well he had almost a full year to figure out how to utilize him best, and failed miserably.  Not sure I have faith, next year and beyond, will be any different...while they continue to co-exist.

RaKru knows where Skinner needs to play.

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Please don't insult the intelligence of the board. We all want to unload KO's contract.  Half the board loves Reino, the other half think he's a slow skating wuss that can't produce without Eichel.  No sane Sabres fan wants to trade Cozens unless the return is prohibitive.  

Risto or Miller might be the third piece in a trade for Boeser.  Reinhart, Cozens, or 8th overall is the starting point. Anything less is a pipe dream. 

According to who?

I'm not trying to insult anybody. If you look at some of the contracts that have been dealt over the last couple of years, it isn't  impossible to move him.

Sorry if you think my iintentions were to insult, they weren't.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'm not trying to insult anybody. If you look at some of the contracts that have been dealt over the last couple of years, it isn't  impossible to move him.

Sorry if you think my iintentions were to insult, they weren't.

Sure if a team is struggling to get to the cap floor or you incentivize the deal with picks or prospects.