2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

25 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Is this where all the Eichel chatter goes?

There is no Eichel chatter

If you are referring to idiotic fans of other teams trying bend the Sabres over and get one of the 5 best players in the game for a pile of feces, well let's not give them any relevance by acknowledging their moronic drivel.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

If you are referring to idiotic fans of other teams trying bend the Sabres over and get one of the 5 best players in the game for a pile of feces, well let's not give them any relevance by acknowledging their moronic drivel.  

Posting anything related to an Eichel trade should result in a temp ban.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

No cause Cozens will be better (in time). I'd give them Reinhart though. 

Of course you would 

surprise surprise 

You’d give up Reinhart for Zadorov ... because like um ... he can like throw the body and stuff. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Trading Reinhart for Boeser accomplishes nothing; its like replacing a sliver fork with a gold fork and claiming we've made strides. Boeser only has two more years on his contract as well.

8th OA for me, at least, is being saved for a 2C or a draft pick and nothing else.

Benning supposedly has shown interest in Risto in the past; I'd look to pair him with a non-Cozens prospect to get Boeser and Sutter. It would save Vancouver some cap space for Markstrom.

It would, in the end, hinge on if Benning would like Risto seeing as his RD's will presently be a 30/31 year old Tyler Myers, RFA 26 year old Troy Stecher and LDs filling in. (Tanev's contract is through and he's also 30 now too)      

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Sarcasm metre tuneup time.

13 hours ago, darksabre said:

Posting anything related to an Eichel trade should result in a temp ban.

See above.

8 minutes ago, freester said:

We should only be trading our defensemen not our top forwards. Under no circumstances is Cozens to be traded. 

And Samson.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Trading Reinhart for Boeser accomplishes nothing; its like replacing a sliver fork with a gold fork and claiming we've made strides. Boeser only has two more years on his contract as well.

8th OA for me, at least, is being saved for a 2C or a draft pick and nothing else.

Benning supposedly has shown interest in Risto in the past; I'd look to pair him with a non-Cozens prospect to get Boeser and Sutter. It would save Vancouver some cap space for Markstrom.

It would, in the end, hinge on if Benning would like Risto seeing as his RD's will presently be a 30/31 year old Tyler Myers, RFA 26 year old Troy Stecher and LDs filling in. (Tanev's contract is through and he's also 30 now too)      

This.  We need to add a top 4 forward without subtracting a top 6 forward.  That's why I really like Risto for Boeser - its a good hockey trade and the Sabres instantly get better.  There would still be a hole at 2C though...

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Would a Reinhart for Boesser trade be a straight up trade or what team would have to add pieces?

I'm not sure what the complimentary pieces of the trade would be since the contracts are similar in value and both run through 21-22.   It wouldn't surprise me if we swapped a 3rd for Vancouver's 4th round pick, or there was a prospects swap, for optics sake

Should be getting rid of deals like KO and possibly Skinner and looking at  the team in the long  run, not the short term. 

Why trade Reinhart? One of the best players on the team. Trading either of Dahlin or Eichel is nonsense unless going into a full re-build. Pick the best player available at the drafts and develop. You trade picks away when contending. 

Boeser is a great player but giving up a future 2C or even 1C in Cozens is not thinking long term (if you want to trade Mitts or Cozens, phone the Jets!). I'd try talking Van into a Boeser/Skinner deal if they are dealing him. The Sabres are rich in D. Trade a D like Risto or Miller, for example, for good prospects/picks. 

A long term plan has to be developed and followed in my opinion. Trading away draft picks and core players is just going to get another GM/HC fired. A few good picks, add a good goalie and the Sabres will be making the playoffs consistently in 2-3 years. Dahlin, Reinhart and Eichel are the start to a dam good core.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Should be getting rid of deals like KO and possibly Skinner and looking at  the team in the long  run, not the short term. 

Why trade Reinhart? One of the best players on the team. Trading either of Dahlin or Eichel is nonsense unless going into a full re-build. Pick the best player available at the drafts and develop. You trade picks away when contending. 

Boeser is a great player but giving up a future 2C or even 1C in Cozens is not thinking long term (if you want to trade Mitts or Cozens, phone the Jets!). I'd try talking Van into a Boeser/Skinner deal if they are dealing him. The Sabres are rich in D. Trade a D like Risto or Miller, for example, for good prospects/picks. 

A long term plan has to be developed and followed in my opinion. Trading away draft picks and core players is just going to get another GM/HC fired. A few good picks, add a good goalie and the Sabres will be making the playoffs consistently in 2-3 years. Dahlin, Reinhart and Eichel are the start to a dam good core.

Please don't insult the intelligence of the board. We all want to unload KO's contract.  Half the board loves Reino, the other half think he's a slow skating wuss that can't produce without Eichel.  No sane Sabres fan wants to trade Cozens unless the return is prohibitive.  

Risto or Miller might be the third piece in a trade for Boeser.  Reinhart, Cozens, or 8th overall is the starting point. Anything less is a pipe dream. 

33 minutes ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Reinhart is available...

According to who?

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sarcasm metre tuneup time.

Probably but it is still a warranted post. Nobody on this board has any reason to entertain an Eichel trade.  Suggestions of such should be met with extreme prejudice.  

• Like (+1) 2