Lindy Ruff to be Named NJ Devils HC

Brawndo

A lot a Rangers fans on twitter are calling this Ruff hire a disaster because of how Ruff has handled the Rangers below average defensive group.

I think we Sabres fans can cite a lot more better and relevant examples to provide to Devils fans that Ruff might be a much better hire then the twitter mob believes.

12 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

A lot a Rangers fans on twitter are calling this Ruff hire a disaster because of how Ruff has handled the Rangers below average defensive group.

I think we Sabres fans can cite a lot more better and relevant examples to provide to Devils fans that Ruff might be a much better hire then the twitter mob believes.

Are our 15+ year old stories more relevant than the much more recent ones?  What worked back then may very well not work anymore.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

Are our 15+ year old stories more relevant than the much more recent ones?  What worked back then may very well not work anymore.

True, but John Tortorella was a great coach back in the 2000's too and still is a great coach now, Ruff could still be a great coach now too.

9 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

True, but John Tortorella was a great coach back in the 2000's too and still is a great coach now, Ruff could still be a great coach now too.

I'm not sure I 100% believe that.

1 hour ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

This is a lot like the praise Housley was getting for his work with the Nashville blue liners.  

Instead, more often than not it is the players making the coach look good(or bad), not the other way around. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

I have always been a big Lindy fan, going back to his playing days.  Good for him and I hope he is successful - although perhaps not at the Sabres' expense.  How about a Sabres-Devils Eastern Conference Finals in a couple of years, with the Sabres winning in 6 or 7?  A guy can dream.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So there's an organization that concludes what we need to rebuild is an experienced coach with a proven track record. There's an idea.

Did you read, they actually interviewed people for their HC position too. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I think Lindy has run his course in Buffalo, but wish him well in the swamps. 

I don't disagree with this, but wouldn't you feel better about next year if we had Dudley as director of hockey operations, Kreuger bumped up to GM or director of player development and Lindy as coach (who, if he failed, could easily be dumped and replaced by Kreuger on an interim basis).

To me, it is a no brainer but of course it would have cost the Pegulas more money and Duds and Lindy aren't as lean as they used to be....

NJ will be better than us I think, although not by a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, Weave said:

Wow.  I thought he was done with HC gigs.  I hope he does well.

Rumours are when Housley got fired, he wanted to come back to buffalo and asked rangers for permission which he got.

Always wanted him back, don't think there would have been a much better fit than him to get fire back on this team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.