Happy Fourth of July!!!!

SABRES 0311

I ***** love my town. I don’t think there is anywhere else in the country I would rather be during this 4th of July.

I have a huge yard by Northern New Jersey standards (.4 acre). I have 7 neighbors whose property directly touches mine. 

Directly next door is a wonderful Filipino family that we love. Other side family that moved out here from the Bronx. My wife talks to them every day. Out back we heard our USA whitey Irish neighbor socially distance practicing their drum routine for the parade. Next to them Junior was playing his Caribbean music during his family bbq (actually, he fills the neighborhood with the smell of his outdoor deep fryer, usually seafood). Next to them, full loud, joyous party yelling in Polish.

Whenever one group would get loud and start shouting, everyone would. I feel like I’m at a campground.

I don’t know if it’s because the rest of the world is quieter due to Covid, or the protests, but I don’t ever remember hearing this much reverie on a 4th.

God bless America.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Went to Irving today for gas, propane, cigars and to possibly pad my supply of nighttime illuminations.  All sold out of the pyrotechnics, everywhere.  I was disappointed at first but then I thought about it and it put a smile on my face.  It's been a traumatic year for so many people and I'm glad that people are celebrating.  Celebrating freedom but moreso celebrating life.  Celebrating just being alive.  Celebrating the possibility this country may be on the verge of a positive change.  Lighting those rockets to let the world know they're still here and they will not go quietly.

Keep lighting those rockets you beautiful bastards.  I see you and I'm glad you're alive.  Keep on keepin' on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Have you ever been to Kimball Farm? I stopped there for the first time yesterday after hiking Monadnock and made the foolish mistake of trying their Kimball Special.  I have never been handed a larger sundae in my life.  Next time an ice cream place tells me it comes with softball-sized scoops, I'm going to believe them.

7 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Went to Irving today for gas, propane, cigars and to possibly pad my supply of nighttime illuminations.  All sold out of the pyrotechnics, everywhere.  I was disappointed at first but then I thought about it and it put a smile on my face.  It's been a traumatic year for so many people and I'm glad that people are celebrating.  Celebrating freedom but moreso celebrating life.  Celebrating just being alive.  Celebrating the possibility this country may be on the verge of a positive change.  Lighting those rockets to let the world know they're still here and they will not go quietly.

Keep lighting those rockets you beautiful bastards.  I see you and I'm glad you're alive.  Keep on keepin' on.

Absolutely

10 hours ago, Indabuff said:

It's great unless it's close to your house, violating state law, and it's 12:30 a.m. and pets are freaking out.

The lack of care and consideration for one's countrymen and countrywomen is enormous this Independence Day weekend.

36 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's great unless it's close to your house, violating state law, and it's 12:30 a.m. and pets are freaking out.

The lack of care and consideration for one's countrymen and countrywomen is enormous this Independence Day weekend.

Wait a minute, here. People don't set off fireworks every single day of the year in your part of Pennsylvania? I've lived in 3 cities in 2 different counties in this state and a day hasn't gone by that I haven't heard fireworks. Oh, and it's about to really ramp up now that they're on clearance! 2 months of grand finale comin' right up!

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Wait a minute, here. People don't set off fireworks every single day of the year in your part of Pennsylvania? I've lived in 3 cities in 2 different counties in this state and a day hasn't gone by that I haven't heard fireworks. Oh, and it's about to really ramp up now that they're on clearance! 2 months of grand finale comin' right up!

Yep, pretty much.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:34 AM, JujuFish said:

Have you ever been to Kimball Farm? I stopped there for the first time yesterday after hiking Monadnock and made the foolish mistake of trying their Kimball Special.  I have never been handed a larger sundae in my life.  Next time an ice cream place tells me it comes with softball-sized scoops, I'm going to believe them.

No never been, we have Cooks Farm in Hadley that makes ice cream straight out of the cow... place is called Flavvors

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.