NHL Countdown- AllTime Top Lines

gilbert11

Just watched NHL Network’s Countdown show which showed their list of the top 25 lines of All-Time.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the French Connection line as # 2.  That’s really saying something with the history of the NHL.  Those of us that got to see them play were truly blessed.

#1 was Howe, Abel, Lindsay.

Notable was Gretzky, Kurri Tikanen #7.  You’d think the AllTime leading scorer and one of the best goal scorers of his time would be higher.

22 minutes ago, gilbert11 said:

Just watched NHL Network’s Countdown show which showed their list of the top 25 lines of All-Time.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the French Connection line as # 2.  That’s really saying something with the history of the NHL.  Those of us that got to see them play were truly blessed.

Notable was Gretzky, Kurri Tikanen #7.  You’d think the AllTime leading scorer and one of the best goal scorers of his time would be higher.

My memories .... In no particular order ... other than The French Connection .. and including the histories I read as a boy.

GAG Line

KLM LINE

The Production Line

The ***** Line

The Legion of Doom

The Triple Crown Lime

Edit .....  LOL at the forced edit .....German Cabbage!  Milt Schmidt, Bobby Bauer and Woody Dumart.  I wonder what they’d say if they new we could no longer reference them.

Edited by Neo

2 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

I would rank that Gretzky line ahead of our guys.  Esa Tikkanen was was a guy I would go to war with.  The only reason I hesitate to say they are #1 is that I didn't see the Howe line ("The Production Line"), and my dad and my uncle raved about this line a lot back when I was a kid.

Mario Lemieux was on two amazing lines, also.  Lemieux/Jagr/Stevens and Lemieux/Jagr/Francis.  The Stevens one scored 365 points in 92-93 with Mario missing 22 games.

Edited by BagBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.