TSN reports Toronto and Edmonton as Hub cities for playoffs

Sabre fan

I just heard that TSN is reporting that Toronto and Edmonton are the two cities to host the NHL playoffs. Edmonton has COVID 19 under control apparently while Toronto has also done a great job of keeping it somewhat under control. Do you think that the NHL will ever play again this year? I personally doubt it as athletes are going to have a big problem as they obviously breathe hard and heavy and spit and of course good old Brad Marchand will be kissing and licking and biting so I think it is safe to say no one will want to play against Boston!  

Edited by Sabre fan

1 minute ago, kas23 said:

Are there going to be fans sitting in the arena, if not, why not Montreal or Winnipeg? For that matter, why not any NHL sized arena in the middle of nowhere?

Not enough hotel space for teams and lague staff.

9 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Are there going to be fans sitting in the arena, if not, why not Montreal or Winnipeg? For that matter, why not any NHL sized arena in the middle of nowhere?

Quebec doesn't have the virus under control, as per the last maps I looked at, which probably are a little old.

I worry whether Edmonton has enough hospital beds.  I'm very surprised that it has enough hotel beds.

Winnipeg?  No.  Might as well play it in the Faeroe Islands.

EDIT:  Yeah, Quebec is still a problem:  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/canada/canada-coronavirus-cases.html

Edited by Eleven

36 minutes ago, steveoath said:

That would be awesome! 

17 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I want to go there sooooo bad.

It's on my list, but I just knocked Iceland off a couple of years ago, so it might be a while before I'm in the North Atlantic again.

I'm surprised they didn't decide to have it in Nova Scotia. From what I hear Covid-19 is really low there because almost everyone moved away because some scallywag kept playing Queen's greatest hits and the Clash's Sandinista album over and over with the volume at an unrelenting level.

???

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Still have this feeling at the 11:59PM hour at the last minute, I can see the NHL pulling the plug on this and just deciding to start the season later this year.

I hope so. I want the season to start in October....not December. Also player safety and all that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.