Rick Dudley Unlikely to Join Sabres

Brawndo

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Did Dudley actually have a contract though?  I know they had the issue last offseason where their owner doesn't like having actual contracts, but then was forced to give one to Waddell due to league rules.  I have no idea if that rule actually covers these other executive roles, particularly because each team has different titles for any of those positions.

Assuming (yeah, yeah, we get it) he had a contract as leaguewide contracts run through the league year (which ends on June 30), and one of the tweets said he was done with his Carolina obligations after June 30.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Assuming (yeah, yeah, we get it) he had a contract as leaguewide contracts run through the league year (which ends on June 30), and one of the tweets said he was done with his Carolina obligations after June 30.

I just wonder about the contract because if there's no actual contract, there's no tampering there.

Why has he not been hired yet?????  He's a great talent evaluator, he brings grit, passion, hard work, dedication, history, and a mean streak.  All the things we are missing.  Oh and by the way, he lives in Lewiston.

At the very least, it saves on JetA for XSR960.

But grit and a mean streak are useful qualities in players, maybe even coaching staff or a player mentality/culture.  Not sure you want a mean streak in the front office environment.  Passion, hard work, dedication, and history are quite important, however.  They'll find the right fit.

21 minutes ago, darksabre said:

XSR960 is the callsign for the charter jet the Pegulas supposedly use. 

Ah, this again.  

They may use it regularly.  They do NOT own it (I am not saying this for you, dark).  They rent from executive airshair.

Also I searched for IAG and came up with nothing ?

Edited by Eleven

24 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Ah, this again.  

They may use it regularly.  They do NOT own it (I am not saying this for you, dark).  They rent from executive airshair.

Also I searched for IAG and came up with nothing ?

You have to turn Safe Search off to get results for anything Niagara Falls related ?

• Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Please come to Buffalo this just makes too much sense.  

Maybe we need to set up a GofFundMe page if the Pegulas are too cheap to hire him.  "Drill another well", my ass.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Here's a random thought.  Kim Pegula can be the President of West Palm Beach and Rick Dudley can be President of  Hockey Operations.  Oh, wait, that will never work.  What was I thinking?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Here's a random thought.  Kim Pegula can be the President of West Palm Beach and Rick Dudley can be President of  Hockey Operations.  Oh, wait, that will never work.  What was I thinking?

I ranted on her being a "knitter" instead of a head of hockey ops, and got a warning on HF Boards for being sexist.  My post was baseless and ignorant, I just cannot listen to her talk, and think.  You have some clue what you're doing.  You are supposedly in charge of a hockey team "in theory" because Terry cares more about the Bills.  Her opening statements at Adam's introduction conference were "we wanted someone who would listen to me".  No search, no external candidates.  Now Adams being interested and internally structuring more analytics into the team, is fine, sound and important.  He doesn't sound clueless, but it just baffles me.  The Pegula's are the problem.  

Edited by TheCerebral1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I ranted on her being a "knitter" instead of a head of hockey ops, and got a warning on HF Boards for being sexist.  My post was baseless and ignorant, I just cannot listen to her talk, and think.  You have some clue what you're doing.  You are supposedly in charge of a hockey team "in theory" because Terry cares more about the Bills.  Her opening statements at Adam's introduction conference were "we wanted someone who would listen to me".  No search, no external candidates.  Now Adams being interested and internally structuring more analytics into the team, is fine, sound and important.  He doesn't sound clueless, but it just baffles me.  The Pegula's are the problem.  

Yep.  I retired as the CEO of a 1,000 employee organization.  I would not be so arrogant to think I could run 2 large organizations at the same time.  What qualifies Kim to run 1, let alone 2 at the same time?  As you stated, the Pegulas are the problem.  Money shouldn't imply intelligence or business acumen.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

A very well-known business book discusses the concept of "getting the right people on the bus."  I have mentioned this in another Kim-related post on the Bills site.  After struggling with the management and staff they inherited with the Bills, then striking out with Rex Ryan, the Pegulas finally got the right people on the bus with the Bills.  They can step back and let Beane and McDermott and the staffs do their jobs.

They have yet to get the right people on the bus with the Sabres.  Time will tell whether Krueger, Adams and the 2 newly promoted scouting guys are.  The most successful managers, once they have the right people on the bus, empower those people to do their jobs and get out of their way.  Let's hope that a) the right people are on the bus now; and b) Kim can empower them to do their jobs and get out of the way.  Getting the right people on the bus, empowering them, and knowing when to get out of their way are business skills that Kim may or may not have.  We'll find out soon enough.

I should add that this is a Rick Dudley post and my opinion is that he would be a good person to have on the bus....

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Still no Dudley signing.  

Maybe they don’t know where to slot him in the “flat” organization? Does he retain a VP title?   If yes, then does he report to Kim?  

Maybe they never even talked to him and this is all coincidental?   Kim does not know him, which seems to be important new criteria in their selection of leaders.  

Maybe they are “saving money” by waiting? 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Still no Dudley signing.  

Maybe they don’t know where to slot him in the “flat” organization? Does he retain a VP title?   If yes, then does he report to Kim?  

Maybe they never even talked to him and this is all coincidental?   Kim does not know him, which seems to be important new criteria in their selection of leaders.  

Maybe they are “saving money” by waiting? 

If the Pegulas had been patient, they could have hired Dudley off the street as GM.  Instead, they hired an inexperienced Adams because they like him.  My god, it's a miracle they got rich.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

IMO Dudley is not coming here...either because the Pegula’s are idiots and they think Kevyn Adam can be the front office hockey leader, or Dudley gets the call and hangs up the phone laughing hysterically.  

Either way, it’s not happening.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.