Sabres Picking 8th

GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, it’s all solidly in wait and see territory right now.

Im just saying, they fired the Director of Amateur Scouting (Jankowski), Assistant Director of Amateur Scouting (Crisp), and 10 amateur scouts.  I think it’s reasonable to assume this probably will lead to a change in draft philosophy, especially when the old philosophy was uniquely strange.

Ah yes it was Jankowski, thanks. 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

True, but who was the Director before Crowe, Devine? We drafted differently while Devine manned the unit under a different GM, if I remember correctly. Seems to be the GM philosophy winning the day here. 

Adams could view it differently than Botts, or Crowe might, and like dudacek said maybe he’ll be given lots of rope. In the end I still think it comes back to GM philosophy, and we’ll have to see what that reveals itself to be, and that’ll probably give us more information as to why Crowe was selected to lead the department. 

Jankowski was Botterill’s hire, he replaced Murray’s guy Greg Royce, who handled the Eichel, Reinhart and Nylander drafts, who replaced Devine, who was Darcy’s guy for the Risto and Girgorenko drafts.

Devine wasn’t fired just demoted, but the majority of the scouts who just got fired were only here for the Botterill drafts. When Botterill took over, he replaced the scouting staff in a similar manner to Adams, it’s just that it happened more quietly.

EDIT: Just to clarify further, I’m pretty sure Crisp - who was in his first year under Murray - oversaw the Mittlestadt draft after Royce was fired. Jankowski and his team were hired shortly after that draft and Crisp was one of the guys to survive Botterill’s purge.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Jankowski was Botterill’s hire, he replaced Murray’s guy Greg Royce, who handled the Eichel, Reinhart and Nylander drafts, who replaced Devine, who was Darcy’s guy for the Risto and Girgorenko drafts.

Devine wasn’t fired just demoted, but the majority of the scouts who just got fired were only here for the Botterill drafts. When Botterill took over, he replaced the scouting staff in a similar manner to Adams, it’s just that it happened more quietly.

Hope is kindled. 

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Gandalf? Yes that is what they used to call me. Gandalf the grey. I am Gandalf the white and I come back to you now at the turn of the tide. 

The coming of Adams will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.