Sabres Picking 8th

GASabresIUFAN

My prediction is that this pick gets dealt in a package deal that will bring in a genuine 2C or even second line winger who can score goals. The imperative to make this a competitive/playoff team next season is to forestall Jack from getting so frustrated that he publicly declares that he wants out. The fanbase understandably is restless. They deserve some bold moves to inject some hope to an exasperated and fatigued fanbase. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My prediction is that this pick gets dealt in a package deal that will bring in a genuine 2C or even second line winger who can score goals. The imperative to make this a competitive/playoff team next season is to forestall Jack from getting so frustrated that he publicly declares that he wants out. The fanbase understandably is restless. They deserve some bold moves to inject some hope to an exasperated and fatigued fanbase. 

Well, if the package involves a 2C and we get a later first rounder I would be tempted.

Jarvis or Lapierre are good C prospects that could be in the 12-18 range.

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Well, if the package involves a 2C and we get a later first rounder I would be tempted.

Jarvis or Lapierre are good C prospects that could be in the 12-18 range.

If you are going to acquire a 2C in a deal, even in a packaged deal, I doubt that the trading team will include their lower first round pick. A young but established 2C is a valuable commodity. If you want to secure one you have to pay a steep price. 

• Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I hope Columbus beats them.

Doesn’t Carolina have their 1st in the Marleau deal?

That would look good on the genius Dubas.

The pick is conditional. If it’s too 10, Toronto keeps it and gives them next year’s pick instead. 

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Ok, so if Toronto is knocked out they go into the phase 2 lottery. If they win they get #1, every other option goes to Carolina because of their record?

I’m too lazy to look into the standings so I’ll trust your math on that one. 

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team is three years away from making the playoffs so why bother trading the future when they are going to suck for the next couple anyway

They can go out and make the future now. Jack's future is now. 

57 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you are going to acquire a 2C in a deal, even in a packaged deal, I doubt that the trading team will include their lower first round pick. A young but established 2C is a valuable commodity. If you want to secure one you have to pay a steep price. 

JBots on line 2 for you Mr. C. He has some questions for you. 

https://www.tsn.ca/bob-mckenzie-s-final-ranking-lafreniere-the-surest-thing-in-most-uncertain-draft-year-1.1488272

McKenzie’s final rankings

4. Drysdale

5. Perfetti

6. Raymond 

7. Rossi

8. Sanderson 

9. Holtz

10. Quinn

12. Lundell

18. Jarvis

I would be very helpful to us if someone really likes Sanderson and grabs him in the top 7.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-lottery-edition/

4. Raymond

5. Rossi

6. Drysdale

7. Sanderson

8. Perfetti

9. Holtz

10. Quinn

11. Lundell

19. Jarvis

Athletic New Mock Draft

4. Raymond

5. Perfetti

6. Drysdale

7. Rossi

8. Holtz

9. Sanderson

10. Quinn

11. Lundell

Looks to me that Holtz is the most likely pick for.  I’d love to see Rossi or Perfetti fall to us, but odds are against it.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

At least the Sabres only dropped one spot. The poor RedWings dropped 3 spots to 4.

Screw them. I’m not about to feel bad for a team that’s won 71 Cups and was in the playoffs 36 straight seasons, when our miserable team has been around 50 years and hasn’t even been in a playoff game for the last 20% of its existence. 

And now the NHL wants to drum up some random improbable anomaly in a lottery to try and drum up interest in their sham Covid playoffs scenario? 

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team is three years away from making the playoffs so why bother trading the future when they are going to suck for the next couple anyway

Every year we are always 3 years away. 

How is this even possible? 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Screw them. I’m not about to feel bad for a team that’s won 71 Cups and was in the playoffs 36 straight seasons, when our miserable team has been around 50 years and hasn’t even been in a playoff game for the last 20% of its existence. 

You didn’t catch my sarcasm font.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.tsn.ca/bob-mckenzie-s-final-ranking-lafreniere-the-surest-thing-in-most-uncertain-draft-year-1.1488272

McKenzie’s final rankings

4. Drysdale

5. Perfetti

6. Raymond 

7. Rossi

8. Sanderson 

9. Holtz

10. Quinn

12. Lundell

18. Jarvis

I would be very helpful to us if someone really likes Sanderson and grabs him in the top 7

If Sanderson is available at 8 and we pass on him we will regret it same as in 2016 when we could have had McAvoy or even Sergachev. Mark my words on that. 

Rossi or Perfetti at 8 would be great, but I agree with your later comment and they'll be gone.  

52 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Starting to think I might pick Askarov or trade the pick to NYR for Georgiev.

That is the worst idea I’ve heard. Keep the pick and draft Holtz . Georgiev can be acquired for some lesser asset. 

Edited by freester

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.