Andrew Amerk

Flavortown Blue Jackets?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? Yes or No?

• Sure pal
    • Heck naw

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Flavor town?

How about "Nut Town" after the largest local college's team mascot ostensibly but were they to actually change their name it would work on soooooo many different levels.

Edited by Taro T

If they want to change the name of the city, fine (I don't care and don't live there), but "Flavortown?"  What, does that reflect the number of restaurants with laminated menus with pictures of the food?

How about THE Ohio State Capital?

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

If they want to change the name of the city, fine (I don't care and don't live there), but "Flavortown?"  What, does that reflect the number of restaurants with laminated menus with pictures of the food?

Pretty sure it would be honor Guy Fireri who is from Columbus. He does a lot of philanthropic work.

Most stories of Columbus' evil range from wildly exaggerated to flagrantly fabricated. The oatmeal comic and Ted Talk that helped spawn the controversy are downright pathetic in their cherry picking and massaging of details and translations.

Applying 21st century zeitgeist to anything that happened in the past is a great way to never understand anything, and to have zero ability to input anything of value to discussion 

Columbus was a great man, so long as we understand the definition of great man does not have to include being supremely perfect in every way, and deified, the way so many people insist it should be now 

And relative to his peers,he was a better than average person morally. Like, if I were to pick a sabrespace poster at random, chances are that he'd be a bit worse of a person than Columbus if he had existed then, and certainly would not have accomplished as much 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, LGR4GM said:

Pretty sure it would be honor Guy Fireri who is from Columbus. He does a lot of philanthropic work.

I knew it was in honor of Fireri, but wasn't sure if he was originally from there, thought he was a Cali guy.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:51 PM, Eleven said:

I like the idea of 'THE Ohio State Capital'......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.