Paul Hamilton Released by WGR550

Brawndo

54 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Being a legend in one's own mind is like being drunk on one's own delusion. Others might look askance at one's staggering inebriation but so what as long as you are happy with one self. ?

val kilmer tombstone GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

At any rate, I know we’re all glad that TPKP had the actual money on hand to make it happen instead of going through a shady deal that could have horribly backfired for everyone involved (including the fans).

There's no empirical evidence that it would have been a shady deal that could have backfired.  We agree that the best scenario happened.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JohnC said:

The DJT stories originated with DJT. It was a PR ploy. He had no cash on hand and had no ability to raise money. The NFL wants/requires new owners to mostly purchase their acquired franchise with cash. That's exactly how the Pegulas bought the Bills. Trump through the courts is ferociously fighting to keep his books closed to the public. He never would have allowed the NFL to scrutinize his shady books, a requirement before authorizing it to be sold. His interest in buying the Bills was a myth originated by himself. From a financial standpoint just like in the Wizard of Oz there was nothing real ($$$$) behind the curtain of deception. 

20 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Bingo. That's exactly how the game gets played. Then he would have bragged about not wanting the team in the end for some fake reason. 

I think you guys are forgetting that he always wanted an NFL team.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think you guys are forgetting that he always wanted an NFL team.

What do I and the Donald have in common? I also wanted to buy the Bills when they were for sale. However, just like Donald I lacked the coinage. The difference between our efforts to buy is that I didn't have the PR apparatus to promote the delusion. Promoting a myth doesn't make it real. 

23 hours ago, JohnC said:

You need to be open-minded. The more I post the more I will be disliked. It happens all the time. ?

Oh Jesus.  You.  

For others here, this guy lives 24/7 in the "Sabres/hockey" thread over at Two Bills Drive.

I think he's a member of the Sabres PR Department b/c all he ever offers is insane, off-the-wall, wrong takes about Sabres and hockey, all dipped in large amounts of ridiculous positivity sauce.  

Either that, or he's the biggest sucker Sabres fan you've ever known.

Let's all hope he goes back over to TBD and stays there.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Oh Jesus.  You.  

For others here, this guy lives 24/7 in the "Sabres/hockey" thread over at Two Bills Drive.

I think he's a member of the Sabres PR Department b/c all he ever offers is insane, off-the-wall, wrong takes about Sabres and hockey, all dipped in large amounts of ridiculous positivity sauce.  

This is garbage. Be better.

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Oh Jesus.  You.  

Thank you for your kind and welcoming words. I will add you to my short and exclusive Christmas card list. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/30/2020 at 5:47 PM, JohnC said:

Thank you for your kind and welcoming words. I will add you to my short and exclusive Christmas card list. 

Make sure that Xmas card has lumps of coal all over it.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, shrader said:

But then he might have to give back the $3 he won from them.

Mother of all Pyrrhic victories.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.