Paul Hamilton Released by WGR550

Brawndo

17 hours ago, inkman said:

Reminds me of the old prophecy, "no disrespect" (someone's about to get seriously disrespected).  

What a perspective...

Best that I threw in that caveat before someone decided to move that post over to TOO.

Edited by Crosschecking

On 6/25/2020 at 10:35 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't believe DJT would have kept the Bills in Buffalo. He would have immediately moved the team. Or he would have flipped it.

Either way, I’m glad we never faced that piece of reality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I don't believe DJT would have kept the Bills in Buffalo. He would have immediately moved the team. Or he would have flipped it.

There's no reason to believe he wouldn't have.  The Bills weren't sold at a discounted price to flip.  Would never be worth the up front capital.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:06 AM, inkman said:

Reminds me of the old prophecy, "no disrespect" (someone's about to get seriously disrespected).  

That disclaimer is required as just mentioning a certain name can get your post removed as it being political.....

On 6/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, 7+6=13 said:

There's no reason to believe he wouldn't have.  The Bills weren't sold at a discounted price to flip.  Would never be worth the up front capital.

I don't think anyone can really 'flip' a pro sports franchise, but relocation is always a possibility

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think anyone can really 'flip' a pro sports franchise, but relocation is always a possibility

Of course it is but it's pure speculation to believe he would have applied for relocation.  

On 6/28/2020 at 11:40 AM, 7+6=13 said:

Of course it is but it's pure speculation to believe he would have applied for relocation.  

At any rate, I know we’re all glad that TPKP had the actual money on hand to make it happen instead of going through a shady deal that could have horribly backfired for everyone involved (including the fans).

The DJT stories originated with DJT. It was a PR ploy. He had no cash on hand and had no ability to raise money. The NFL wants/requires new owners to mostly purchase their acquired franchise with cash. That's exactly how the Pegulas bought the Bills. Trump through the courts is ferociously fighting to keep his books closed to the public. He never would have allowed the NFL to scrutinize his shady books, a requirement before authorizing it to be sold. His interest in buying the Bills was a myth originated by himself. From a financial standpoint just like in the Wizard of Oz there was nothing real ($$$$) behind the curtain of deception. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You need to be open-minded. The more I post the more I will be disliked. It happens all the time. ?

I'll vouch for this one.?

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Wanna play that game we always play and try to figure out who the new poster is a reincarnation of?

I will give you 3 guesses and 2 of them don't count, eh?

He's a frequent poster on TSW, not a re-tread.

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Wanna play that game we always play and try to figure out who the new poster is a reincarnation of?

I will give you 3 guesses and 2 of them don't count, eh?

Who ever you think I am you are mistaken. I have no previous history with this site. Trust Shrader.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The DJT stories originated with DJT. It was a PR ploy. He had no cash on hand and had no ability to raise money. The NFL wants/requires new owners to mostly purchase their acquired franchise with cash. That's exactly how the Pegulas bought the Bills. Trump through the courts is ferociously fighting to keep his books closed to the public. He never would have allowed the NFL to scrutinize his shady books, a requirement before authorizing it to be sold. His interest in buying the Bills was a myth originated by himself. From a financial standpoint just like in the Wizard of Oz there was nothing real ($$$$) behind the curtain of deception. 

Bingo. That's exactly how the game gets played. Then he would have bragged about not wanting the team in the end for some fake reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm always right, so I don't know why I need any opportunities.

Being a legend in one's own mind is like being drunk on one's own delusion. Others might look askance at one's staggering inebriation but so what as long as you are happy with one self. ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.