Boston sportswriter says Bruins should make Blockbuster offer for Eichel...

matter2003

15 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rags? Or King’s or WpG?

The King's draft superior to us, it is amazing to look at. 

Kings prospects that would be of interest... 

Turcotte, Kaliyev, Bjornfoot, Fagemo, Kupari, Thomas. Helps in a rebuild when you don't draft like trash and stupidly piss away draft capital, although I guess if you suck at drafting why not trade it away.

The jets don't really have enough for me to be interested in. They have drafted very mediocre the last couple years. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think this is one of those wish fulfillment stories some reporters like to throw out there from time to time in the hope they can create a fire from the smoke. There is absolutely no way this happens unless Eichel has secretly demanded a trade and only the Pegulas (and Adams now) know about it and have virtually no option but to try and make a workable version happen.

You're giving it too much credit.  His target audience is Bruin fans, so he's writing something to catch their eye.  There's nothing more to it than that.  It's the equivalent of those "If I was GM" columns that Bucky would do each year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

You're giving it too much credit.  His target audience is Bruin fans, so he's writing something to catch their eye.  There's nothing more to it than that.  It's the equivalent of those "If I was GM" columns that Bucky would do each year.

It would be like if a Buffalo writer wrote... Ryan O'Reilly going back to Buffal0? Could he be traded back now?

Gotta get those clicks. 

22 hours ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

The hypothetical offer wouldn't even get me to pick up the phone.  Sure, I'll take Beecher and Debrusk, but you are adding Pastranak to that haul, and I'll flip you Risto for Charlie McAvoy.  If I'm nice, I'll even throw a salary cap dump like Okposo or Skinner in there for a 1st rounder. 

I think this is too generous. 

Pstranak for Eichel is not a good deal.  I  think Debrusk will become a lesser player once he takes off that "B".   Not sure that Beecher is anything special either. 

We need a Super Star coming back plus a whole lot more. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

It also helps that Boston did this very thing with their Eichel.

What did they get back for Thornton?

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I think this is too generous. 

Pstranak for Eichel is not a good deal.  I  think Debrusk will become a lesser player once he takes off that "B".   Not sure that Beecher is anything special either. 

We need a Super Star coming back plus a whole lot more. 

As many have stated, Boston is not a very good trade partner for us on many fronts.  Since Pastranak is there only "star" forward under 30, he would have to be the centerpiece coming back, with ++++ being added for any GM to consider.  As Liger stated, I would not only want to win the deal, but also break Boston in the process. 

Even if Eichel discretely wanted to be traded, I would prefer something like Turgeon for LaFontaine years ago as you suggest.

I think Boston Sportswriter is still thinking that JBot is here and in "must-trade" mode like with ROR. So, what's an appropriately horrid JBot ROR-level deal with Eichel? Gotta balance the salaries, gotta ensure that Buffalo has centers to "help" burden the load for Cozens and Mitts. Krejci would be the perfect short-term bridge we need! --- but he's not going to waive that pesky NTC to come here. The problem is Boston just doesn't have bad contracts. And we're off!

BOS gets: Eichel

BUF gets: Coyle, Wagner, Beecher, 2021 BOS 1st, 2022 BOS 2nd

Yuck! Good job, BS+JBot.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The King's draft superior to us, it is amazing to look at. 

Kings prospects that would be of interest... 

Turcotte, Kaliyev, Bjornfoot, Fagemo, Kupari, Thomas. Helps in a rebuild when you don't draft like trash and stupidly piss away draft capital, although I guess if you suck at drafting why not trade it away.

The jets don't really have enough for me to be interested in. They have drafted very mediocre the last couple years. 

From I've seen lately Turcotte is not as good as Cozens and his college performance was similar to Mitts.  Thomas is the real prospect there that intrigues me, but his CHL production a product of being a man among boys?

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

I was just going to mention that a deal with Eichel would have some similarities to when Boston traded Thornton.  Their return was mediocre.  20-goal/40 point scorer Marco Sturm,  young defenseman Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau.  That was it.  Sturm continued his production for a few years, Stuart arguably didn’t live up to his potential, and Primeau was Primeau.  Meanwhile, Thornton has played 14+ seasons with the Sharks, with production not declining til his 40s.

On 6/22/2020 at 11:31 AM, matter2003 said:

Where there is smoke there is fire?

Unless the Sabres come out of this with an absolute fleece job with the Bruins severely overpaying there is no way they should even consider it.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/06/blockbuster-rumor-boston-bruins-to-make.html?m=1

Total troll job and clickbait nothing to see here but Bastan media being bored.

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

Thornton, Seguin, Kessel

Boston has a habit of running good players out of town if they are not deemed Bruins kinda guys.

15 hours ago, shrader said:

That's basically what I meant by wish fulfillment and I don't believe there is anything real to it with one small caveat. The Grezlyk comments the next day make me pause and raise one eyebrow for a second.......

Bottom line, nothing with the Sabres can shock me at this point no matter how bad or ridiculous it might be. 

5 hours ago, Curt said:

Thornton, Seguin, Kessel

Boston has a habit of running good players out of town if they are not deemed Bruins kinda guys.

And it worked well for them overall.  They’ve been awful good for an awfully long time now.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's basically what I meant by wish fulfillment and I don't believe there is anything real to it with one small caveat. The Grezlyk comments the next day make me pause and raise one eyebrow for a second.......

Bottom line, nothing with the Sabres can shock me at this point no matter how bad or ridiculous it might be. 

He's had multiple BU teammates here since day 1.  Rodriques, O'Regan, Hickey... and then they had two more briefly in Rochester in Cason Hohmann and Matt Lane.  If he wanted to be somewhere with old teammates, this place has been very friendly in that regard.  It's not going to be former teammates that drive any decision he makes.

5 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Well Eichel is beyond frustrated. We probably got a year left before worse disaster. 

Pretty much.  Sabres have probably become the franchise players want to stay away from most.  Never thought I’d say that.  Wouldn’t blame him if he pushed for a trade in 1 or 2 seasons.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.