Auston Matthews Tests Positive for Covid 19

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Sweden's curve looks a lot like ours. It is 16th in the world in cases per million people. The U.S. is 10th. The other two Scandinavian countries, Denmark and Norway, have done a lot better.

right.

and i've read outlying content to the effect that, in certain areas at least, the virus seems to weakening (i.e., not as lethal). i don't feel like i'm getting good information on that sort of thing. junk science?

yet otoh, the fact that hospitalizations are rising to crisis levels along with higher rates of infection is pretty much all i need to know.

maybe we should adjourn to the covid-19 thread.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

The Scandinavian countries have not required masks for those not feeling ill.

Honestly, there's so much that's so unclear right now.

That said, wagering on mask-wearing being helpful seems like an easy thing to do.

I'm guessing Scandinavian populace didn't let Russian trolls (and a certain prolific tweeter) convince them that mask usage was weak and wore them even if not mandatory.

AITA: I've been riding the bike a lot this year (for me, ~300 miles since April) and I don't wear a mask. Most of that is on streets so there's no issue maintaining distances as I pass pedestrians. I was on a bike trail yesterday and due to the size of the trail and people walking 2-3 wide even after a alert them or ring the bell, I'm passing closer than that. What would Ann Landers tell me?

10 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I'm guessing Scandinavian populace didn't let Russian trolls (and a certain prolific tweeter) convince them that mask usage was weak and wore them even if not mandatory.

AITA: I've been riding the bike a lot this year (for me, ~300 miles since April) and I don't wear a mask. Most of that is on streets so there's no issue maintaining distances as I pass pedestrians. I was on a bike trail yesterday and due to the size of the trail and people walking 2-3 wide even after a alert them or ring the bell, I'm passing closer than that. What would Ann Landers tell me?

If it feels good, do it.

Oh, wait.... wrong advice columnist.

17 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Maybe? I dunno. I seem to recall photographs indicating a lot of non-mask wearing, at least in outdoor settings.

I saw something on the Twitter this morning - taken from Fauci? - where it was stated: Avoid indoor gatherings. Wear masks when you can't socially distance, especially if you're indoors.

That seems simple enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.