HarborCenter Rinks Need New Boards

Brawndo

"Didn't properly monitor the HVAC."  

I believe that means they melted the ice, turned off the lights, killed the power to save a few nickels, and locked the doors.

LOL.

*As an aside; Buffalo was never going to be a hub city, and it never will.  It doesn't have the hotel room capacity to support a bunch of teams camped up in town at the same time.

It's one of the reasons why Vegas is desirable.  I believe they have a couple more hotel rooms there than in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

I’m being serious.

Questions abound in regards to what I was told.

jw

Not sure what new boards cost, but if they did the shutdown properly, the money saved could have paid the salaries of some the the folks affected by the virus.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:31 PM, Kruppstahl said:

"Didn't properly monitor the HVAC."  

I believe that means they melted the ice, turned off the lights, killed the power to save a few nickels, and locked the doors.

LOL.

*As an aside; Buffalo was never going to be a hub city, and it never will.  It doesn't have the hotel room capacity to support a bunch of teams camped up in town at the same time.

It's one of the reasons why Vegas is desirable.  I believe they have a couple more hotel rooms there than in Buffalo.

I don't know hotel capacity of Buffalo, but it sounds like your rejection of this notion is pure speculation. I have to think that an NFL football team with a roster that is 3 times the size of a hockey team can be accommodated, then there is capacity to room "a bunch of teams."

Frankly, it sounds like you're just trying to bash the *****-show that has been, and are dumping on Buffalo as a less than ideal destination. I don't see it.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:31 PM, Kruppstahl said:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.