Sabrespace Help Guide For Kevyn Adams

GASabresIUFAN

Since the Pegulas don't seem willing to give you an real help in your new job, I'd like to offer the collective wisdom of this excellent board to help you in your new endeavor.

@rakish and @LGR4GM your in charge of scouting and draft prep.

@tom webster your are in charge of prospect development 

@Brawndo you are in charge of PR

@SDS you are in charge of technology

@dudacek, @Randall Flagg, @Weave, @pi2000, @Curt, @Thorny, @nfreeman, @freester and anyone else who like to participate please let me know in what areas in the organization you'd like to work to help Kevyn out. Roster construction, pro scouting, analytics, player acquisition, and free agent negotiation, the team needs help in all these areas.  They also need help in finding coaches for Rochester and hopefully an Ast GM.

I plan to help in cap management.

To that end what's our plan?  We need a draft list, a list of potential FA acquisitions, a list of potential trade targets, contracts for our RFAs and any UFAs we want to retain, a list of buyout candidates (both internal and external) if there is a compliance buyout and a list of potential external cap casualties.  

Ok lets get to work.  I'm serious by the way.  I'd love to see the lists we come up with as a group.  I have a feeling we'll do a better job then Adams and his staff such as it is. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Since the Pegulas don't seem willing to give you an real help in your new job, I'd like to offer the collective wisdom of this excellent board to help you in your new endeavor.

@dudacek, @Randall Flagg, @Weave, @pi2000, @Curt, @Thorny, @nfreeman, @freester and anyone else who like to participate please let me know in what areas in the organization you'd like to work to help Kevyn out. Roster construction, pro scouting, analytics, player acquisition, and free agent negotiation, the team needs help in all these areas.  They also need help in finding coaches for Rochester and hopefully an Ast GM.

To that end what's our plan?  We need a draft list, a list of potential FA acquisitions, a list of potential trade targets, contracts for our RFAs and any UFAs we want to retain, a list of buyout candidates (both internal and external) if there is a compliance buyout and a list of potential external cap casualties.  

Ok lets get to work.  I'm serious by the way.  I'd love to see the lists we come up with as a group.  I have a feeling we'll do a better job then Adams and his staff such as it is. 

People who actually know hockey.

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Anywhere you want.  Everyone on the board is welcome to participate and add their two cents, I just listed a few people who came to mind quickly.  No offense meant.

Oh, no, that's my choice. The arena beer selection is terrible. I want to fix it. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

If Adams has such a lack of experience that it is certifiable fact that he is going to be a bad GM to start off, then there is no way in heck that any of us have enough experience to be anything other than terrible advisors.

Lol.  I think you’d be surprised 

Do not trade Sam but rather sign him to a long term extension at reasonable money. 

Trade Risto and/or Montour to get Kapanen and a 2C. We will obviously need to add. (2 separate trades)

resign Larsson and Girgensons for cheap. Keep GLO line intact. 

Mitts stays in Rochester for a long time until he dominates 

Do not trade 2020 first round pick

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So am I hired or fired?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.