Amerks Coaching Staff Fired

Brawndo

This seems like overkill, and is especially surprising given the praise Tayls got from Krueger.

On the other hand, is Victor Olofsson the sole graduate from JBott’s development school?

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This seems like overkill, and is especially surprising given the praise Tayls got from Krueger.

On the other hand, I s Victor Olofsson the sole graduate from JBottks development school?

They could just as easily re-hire Taylor pretty quickly.  If he wants to be here, he will be.

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Maybe gives a new sheen to Kim talking about how there's gonna be a long stretch of downtime?

Or are the people who've been fired still going to get paid under their contracts?

Good question, why not furlough or something?  Maybe not an option given contracts.

TP said "staying positive" during presser but he also said "maybe the fans don't come back next year / fans in seats",  he sounds panicked to me. 

I don't get this.  I thought Taylor and staff did a pretty good job.  They weren't over the hump, but they did turn the Amerks into a playoff team.  While it's true that Olofsson and Lazar were among the few Amerks to "graduate" to the Sabres, it looked like Middlestadt and Tage Thompson were making progress as were some of the defensemen.  I don't think that the Amerks were provided with all that much to work with and did pretty well with what they had.  I also saw Taylor as a potential successor to Ralph, if they decided to kick him upstairs.  I guess I was wrong.  

You have to wonder if this is a hockey move, a cost-savings move, or both. 

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

On the other hand, is Victor Olofsson the sole graduate from JBott’s development school?

Olofsson should have been in the NHL from day 1. No one, AFAIK, on the Sabres came through Rochester.  We had three AHL rookies of the year in a row for the Portland Pirates. exGMJBOT's big problem was keeping people in Roch too long "to build a winning culture".  That's gotta be part of the reason why Pilut flew away.   Nelson seems lost in the converstation, but he could've been a good 7-D in Buffalo; he was very good in Rochester, arguably their best all-around defenceman. Heck, NHL teams like Vancouver and Pittsburgh are playing our AHL rejects.    It's all poor asset management: too much mediocre depth (4 RD starters and only 2 LD starters).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.