More Members of Sabres Hockey Ops are being let go

Brawndo

43 minutes ago, Weave said:

He's the hatchet man for the organization. Hey Pi, you got that one wrong, too!

Kim saw this weakness in Kevyn and immediately went to work on addressing it. Very presidential.

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per John Wawrow 12 of 21 Scouts were fired today.

In addition to Kevin Devine, who are the other eight still employed? 

Do we know Devine survived again for sure? He and Crisp were among the very few to survive Botterill’s purge three years ago.

If a legit gm was running this, I'd be fine. I think they need a lot of change. The problem is that isn't the case and it suggests that the Pegulas created the list and Adams is executing it. 

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Adams knowing exactly who he's canning on day 1 means he had a plan ready to go. Which means he knew this was coming for a while.

Was he...a mole? 

It's very apparent botteril was fired for not agreeing to this. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If a legit gm was running this, I'd be fine. I think they need a lot of change. The problem is that isn't the case and it suggests that the Pegulas created the list and Adams is executing it. 

It's very apparent botteril was fired for not agreeing to this. 

I guess if this is the angle we're running with. But I would expect someone other than the Pegulas put that list together. Which would point to Adams. 

I don't really know who's side I'm on. Maybe the Pegulas are right and Botterill was running a bloated and ineffective staff? Maybe Botterill was right for resisting their demands? 

I don't have any faith in either party in this matchup.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Adams knowing exactly who he's canning on day 1 means he had a plan ready to go. Which means he knew this was coming for a while.

Was he...a mole? 

Wasn't there a leak that a high end member of the organization was telling Terry that Jason had no idea what he was doing?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Wasn't there a leak that a high end member of the organization was telling Terry that Jason had no idea what he was doing?

Why couldn't it be Adams, Kim's errand boy? She basically admitted to using him as a conduit between management and ownership. Why that needed to be there I have no idea, but he was clearly in some kind of position to express an opinion on Botterill.

More obvious questions we'll have to speculate forever about the answers to. (I've been writing all day; sue me.)

Weave wondered why our "reporters" get flak. They ask bad questions. They miss some that are so obvious I wonder who they're working for really. 

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I guess if this is the angle we're running with. But I would expect someone other than the Pegulas put that list together. Which would point to Adams.

I don't really know who's side I'm on. Maybe the Pegulas are right and Botterill was running a bloated and ineffective staff? Maybe Botterill was right for resisting their demands? 

Adams &/or Krueger.  Doubt that either would be on board for wholesale firing without any input whatsoever.

Taylor being let go still seems puzzling.  Never heard any bad words about him from Krueger nor ownership.  Wonder if that move was one of those courtesy moves to allow him also the opportunity to decide whether he wants to be here without having to quit to do so?  Hoping it's that & he does end up coming back.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Adams &/or Krueger.  Doubt that either would be on board for wholesale firing without any input whatsoever.

Taylor being let go still seems puzzling.  Never heard any bad words about him from Krueger nor ownership.  Wonder if that move was one of those courtesy moves to allow him also the opportunity to decide whether he wants to be here without having to quit to do so?  Hoping it's that & he does end up coming back.

I don’t really follow the AHL, but someone mentioned they may cancel the entire year. That would be the simplest explanation.

Just now, SDS said:

I don’t really follow the AHL, but someone mentioned they may cancel the entire year. That would be the simplest explanation.

Quite possible.  I'd hoped he'd actually get bumped up to a game day assistant to take over ST's duties.  So, am very disappointed in that news.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Quite possible.  I'd hoped he'd actually get bumped up to a game day assistant to take over ST's duties.  So, am very disappointed in that news.

Then either there is not a spot for him to fill or he wasn’t wanted by the people he would assist.

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Then either there is not a spot for him to fill or he wasn’t wanted by the people he would assist.

That would seem to be the case.  Doesn't mean it can't be bemoaned, especially when the decision they made is so fresh.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That would seem to be the case.  Doesn't mean it can't be bemoaned, especially when the decision they made is so fresh.

Your idea is why Darcy and Lindy worked with Rochester the entirety of the Great Lockout.  I figured Taylor would be in Buffalo next season.  The one inference I draw is that Taylor was more aligned with Housley's coaching philosophy than Krueger's.

• Thanks (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Why couldn't it be Adams, Kim's errand boy? She basically admitted to using him as a conduit between management and ownership. Why that needed to be there I have no idea, but he was clearly in some kind of position to express an opinion on Botterill.

Or Krueger. 

I am really disappointed that I have to be the one who floats the conspiracy theory that today was a possibility Ralph foresaw from day one, and one of the reasons he took the job. He sure took pains to backpedal from the suggestion he has more influence and emphasize he is, first and foremost, the head coach. This despite Adams and the Pegulas talking him up as more partner than subordinate.

Having the coach part of the announcement of his boss’s replacement is odd to me. And this is coming from a big Ralph supporter.

33 minutes ago, SDS said:

Yep. I can easily see a scenario where the Pegulas saying we don’t really need any Amerks hockey people until December at the earliest, lets just lay them off, and Botterill balking.

13 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Your idea is why Darcy and Lindy worked with Rochester the entirety of the Great Lockout.  I figured Taylor would be in Buffalo next season.  The one inference I draw is that Taylor was more aligned with Housley's coaching philosophy than Krueger's.

Ralph praised Taylor so much, specifically about how well his style and philosophy aligned with Ralph’s.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Or Krueger. 

I am really disappointed that I have to be the one who floats the conspiracy theory that today was a possibility Ralph foresaw from day one, and one of the reasons he took the job. He sure took pains to backpedal from the suggestion he has more influence and emphasize he is, first and foremost, the head coach. This despite Adams and the Pegulas talking him up as more partner than subordinate.

Well, the possibility would have been obvious to anyone, as JB was coming off of 2 terrible years in his 1st 2 years on the job.  It doesn't mean RK was being macchiavellian in taking the job or that he slipped the knife in yesterday. 

But I think you're right that a desire to dispel that notion underlay those comments. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

They kept Botterill and his ***** gm'ing for this long. It's abundantly clear they got rid of him because if cuts and wanting to cut more and he disagreed. It'd be far more interesting if we had a competent GM here and what they would have tried then

I'm with PA I guess. Pegulas can kick rocks 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.