Adams Introductory Press Conference 2pm EDT

WildCard

My concern about the possibility that they could be worse off after firing Botterill as there was no reason IMHO to believe they could effectively perform a GM search was NOT assuaged by stating (the obvious) that there was no GM search.

Hoping Krueger is right about Adams, because if he isn't we're at least 4 years away from following a team that is relevant. 

• Like (+1) 3

The nice part about my relationship with the Sabres being as frayed as it is, is that I basically have no reason not to shrug and go "eff it, let's see what happens."

Either this works and I get to care again, or it doesn't and nothing changes for me whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

My concern about the possibility that they could be worse off after firing Botterill as there was no reason IMHO to believe they could effectively perform a GM search was NOT assuaged by stating (the obvious) that there was no GM search.

Hoping Krueger is right about Adams, because if he isn't we're at least 4 years away from following a team that is relevant. 

Ralph's response.

Just now, dudacek said:

Dissatisfying presser overall because I am far more interested in Adams than the Pegulas.

The Pegulas didn't surprise me.

Kim was repeating whatever corporate mumbo jumbo they have and Terry was trying to also reiterate the same talking points. It reminded me of other corporate functions I have attended where as an outsider the rank and file like the slogans and fun words but I am sitting there like "you aren't saying anything."

My guess is that no one in the organization has the guts to stand up and tell the Pegulas that "press conference" was garbage.  If Adams is a man of the people and really out there listening to fans, he would know that is not what anyone wanted to hear.  I hope someone in that organization with some brains (hopefully with the initials R.K.) is driving the bus or I have major concerns about the direction of this franchise...

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just,... ugh.

7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I think I'm going to order Center Ice, just so I can cancel it again.

I get it so I can watch non-Sabres hockey. You know,  good hockey.

Just now, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

My guess is that no one in the organization has the guts to stand up and tell the Pegulas that "press conference" was garbage.  If Adams is a man of the people and really out there listening to fans, he would know that is not what anyone wanted to hear.  I hope someone in that organization with some brains (hopefully with the initials R.K.) is driving the bus or I have major concerns about the direction of this franchise...

What does that mean? They own the team.

You'd think a competent organization would at least do a general GM search while going thru the process of firing your current GM.

At the very least just to see who is available that potentially could be better. Not us. To me there seems to be other reasons going into their pick of Kevyn Adams for why that was the case.

More to do with their familiarity with him and/or ability to communicate/control him i guess. I suppose its possible Kevyn Adams is the next great GM & the Pegulas are the 1st to see it. But i'm not holding my breath

• Thanks (+1) 1

Again, what is the vision going forward? How do they think they can get from bad team to championship team? I have no idea because when asked questions about it, I got a basically canned answer about communication, efficiency, and positivity. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Does one person in the organization know that the last three seasons have seen a rolling average of last place, in offensive chance creation counts/measures? I'd love for them to mention it so we can at least have some hope it's on the radar of things to address 

They don't know or if they do they don't care. I heard Ralph talk constantly about burying chances, they did great at burying them but didn't get enough. 

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

Communication? 

I really think someone got real pissed off finding out Hutton had an eye issue and no one told Terry about it 

Was thinking about that too. Also the Pilut thing. 

Seriously, as a player, I don't really feel the need to sign a long-term extension here. The leadership is banking on a magical run on a talented young core, but there's not a foundation that would sustain that. My guess is within 3 years Adams and RaKru will also have to be moved for the next people who make the owners feel good and communicate well once these guys get burned out --- or get better opportunities elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 2

Welp. That was the least encouraging press conference I can remember watching. At a time when we should be excited that Botterill is gone, we come to find out he's replaced by Adams who's only qualifications seem to be that he's a nice guy and has worked with Terry/Kim for nearly 10 years. There was no talk of strategy or how the management team intends to fix the terrible product that has continued to define Buffalo Sabres hockey.

I think our only chance is RaKru as he sounded like the only competent hockey guy there, but even then I think he is going to realize he can't be the coach, GM and President of Hockey Ops all at the same time.

Every time Terry or Kim are involved in a press conference they sound like the kid who didn't do the homework and is trying to b.s. the answer. They have no idea how to run a successful hockey organization and it is blatantly apparent. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

What does that mean? They own the team.

What does what mean?  The Pegulas just fired their GM after having his back 3 weeks ago, did not perform a GM search to see what other GMs strategies would be for their organization that has missed the playoffs for 9 years, had a press conference and didn't address the direction they wanted to take the team, confirmed they are not in a rebuild - so things must be better than before (so again why was he fired?), etc etc etc.  

Edit: And the fact they seem tone deaf to this has me thinking they aren't "surrounding themselves with the best people"

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.