Adams Introductory Press Conference 2pm EDT

WildCard

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm tuning in. But only cuz work is the alternative 

I’ll be choosing work.

I honestly don’t give a crap about anything anyone has to say about this team. I’ve heard it all before. Year after mothereffin year. Every ***** offseason!

What happens on the ice is all I care about. I’ll listen to them once they start winning. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’ll be choosing work.

I honestly don’t give a crap about anything anyone has to say about this team. I’ve heard it all before. Year after mothereffin year. Every ***** offseason!

What happens on the ice is all I care about. I’ll listen to them once they start winning. 

I'm less interested in what they say about how great they'll be next year than I am the potential for some beans to be spilled.i have a lot invested in the Jason sucks narrative 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Harrington's the man for this question: "Kevyn, were you told Ralph is your coach? Are you free to choose your own coach?"

It would go the heart of whether Kevyn is really the GM.

MH is indeed the man for that question -- which is a good question -- and will likely ask it in precisely that obnoxious manner.

But I disagree with the bolded.  There is no GM in the NHL, or in any sports league, that has completely free rein.  Is BB the GM of the Bills?  Do you think he can fire McD?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

MH is indeed the man for that question -- which is a good question -- and will likely ask it in precisely that obnoxious manner.

But I disagree with the bolded.  There is no GM in the NHL, or in any sports league, that has completely free rein.  Is BB the GM of the Bills?  Do you think he can fire McD?

My inkling is that hockey is old school and that the GM almost always gets to hire his own coach.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Harrington's the man for this question: "Kevyn, were you told Ralph is your coach? Are you free to choose your own coach?"

It would go the heart of whether Kevyn is really the GM.

Hi Mike, thanks for the question and I look forward to working with you. Ralph and I have concluded an exhaustive search by coming to terms with Bruce Boudreau on an agreement to be the head coach of the Buffalo Sabres. Ralph will serve the team in an advisory role while I report to him as GM, and Bruce reports to me as head coach. We look forward to stocking the front office with experienced staff and scouts, and believe that for the future to matter, we must start winning today. Our offseason will be conducted with this in mind. We will put every ounce of effort we have into winning, every second of every day. We will welcome the desperation and drive of players whose intensity may have scared us off in years past. Our long national nightmare is over.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Hi Mike, thanks for the question and I look forward to working with you. Ralph and I have concluded an exhaustive search by coming to terms with Bruce Boudreau on an agreement to be the head coach of the Buffalo Sabres. Ralph will serve the team in an advisory role while I report to him as GM, and Bruce reports to me as head coach. We look forward to stocking the front office with experienced staff and scouts, and believe that for the future to matter, we must start winning today. Our offseason will be conducted with this in mind. We will put every ounce of effort we have into winning, every second of every day. We will welcome the desperation and drive of players whose intensity may have scared us off in years past. Our long national nightmare is over.  

See, you do care. ?

Seriously, I’m watching because I need  to hear a leader with a vision.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.